Friday, March 1, 2013

Going to my Happy Place

So, I told my niece that when she graduates from high school we would take her to Disneyland as her graduation present. Well, it looks like she is getting her present early. Schedules, prices, and crowd levels all sort of lead us to going sooner than we all expected, but honestly, at a much better time. Spring Break is crowded, but nowhere near as crowded as the Summer. Plus, it won't be as hot and humid! We can spend fewer days and less time in line. It should all work out for the best.

So, another Disneyland trip! I'm stoked! I love Disneyland for many reasons, but one of my favorites is helping others experience a place I truly love. I know it's corny, but oldest son said it best, "It's like my home away from home." My niece has never been, so it's going to be super fun for us to get to experience the park through her eyes.It will be a good time to go because there will be several new things for my family to do, and the only ride that will be down is Big Thunder Mountain. Granted, that's a pretty big thing to be down, but it's down until October at the earliest anyway, so there was not much chance to get to ride it this year anyway.

I know it's another big vacation this year, but we have put off the Hawaii trip for so long, that it just can't be put off any longer, and the niece is only a High School Grade once and it happens to be this year, so...It also means the Christmas trip I was trying to swing is probably out of reach as well. Finances will have to be looked at and numbers crunched. Trying to combine the two trips was not feasible since the cost of an extra plane ticket, hotel stay, and park tickets for one would have been almost as much as our spring break trip.

In other news, I had a great day. Lots of food temptations today, but I held strong. Kids were good and their presentations were all really good as well. All in all a fun day.

Ok, since I didn't hear any complaints from Mrs. Walter about my celebrity crush post, I'll do another one today. Since it's a Disney theme today, lets go with this one:


I know, I know. Anne Hathaway is a love her/hate her type, but I think she is wonderful! Funny, smart, talented, attractive. I'm more a fan of the long haired Anne than the pixie haired Anne, though. Her White Queen in Alice in Wonderland was over the top fun!

Tomorrow, I'll post the last celebrity crush followed by my biggest crush of all!

Food Diary for Friday 1st of March:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy, fried in butter
                3 pieces of Thick-cut Applewood Bacon
                10 oz of Coffee with 2 packets of SitR

AM Snack: Too busy to eat.

Lunch: 1 Turkey Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
           Big Ol' Salad w/Lemon Olive Oil and Oregano White Balsamic Vinegar

PM Snack: Nothin' here either

Dinner: 1 Rib Eye Steak
            Big Ol' Salad w/Lemon Olive Oil and Black Currant Balsamic Vinegar
            1/2 bar of the World Market 99% Cacao Bar (just wanted to finish is off)

Water: About 80 oz

Sleep: about 7 hours

Exercise: Walking at work
               Abs Diet Original Friday Workout

Hope all is well in your world! Until next time...


No comments: