Friday, March 15, 2013

Jammies

Welcome to another addition of my blog.

Today was a CRAZY day. I swear there is a target on my car that I just can't see. Luckily I survived the trip to and from work with no one hitting me. Got to watch some doofus get pulled over though, so that was funny. He/she was driving like a maniac, but I saw something they didn't. The highway patrolman, 2 cars and to the left of me. They were swerving in and out of traffic and almost slammed into someone. The HP coolly switched lanes and hit the lights. BUSTED! Ha! Serves ya right!

As you can tell by the title, I decided to go with the jammies at work today. It's always a weird feeling going into work and not wearing traditional work clothes. Wearing my jammies just made me feel sleepy. I guess not sleeping well the night before will also make you sleepy. Hurm...

I like those jammies

Something about Zaphod Beeblebrox as played by Sam Rockwell that just cracked me up. He was hilarious  I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. Yes, it's not the book, but then again, what movie ever is? I like to think of the two as separate entities. Both are fun in their own right.

Oh yeah, weight total. Well, today absolutely sucked. I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed 234 lbs. Another jump in the upwards direction. I know I didn't get almost 2.5 pounds over the course of 2 days,  and that it is probably water weight, or stress weight, or whatever, but after skipping out on all the pizza and pie yesterday, it was disheartening to say the least. I felt I should have lost 2.5 lbs, not gained! Oh well. Here's hoping tomorrow is a down day!

The day was mercilessly long. I snapped at my students more than ever. Not sure if it was them or me. Probably both. Stressful day with my own kids, not sleeping well, kids misbehaving. Add on to all of that the upcoming birthday of my dad and then within a month, the anniversary of his passing, it's  a tough month. I know it's been years now, but I still get twitchy about everything leading up to my dad's death. I spent so many months waiting for "the call" to come,  I  have the same feeling of anxiety about this time every year.

Got the weeks groceries purchased. Shopping around for the right brands and types of food takes longer. I hit 3 grocery stores now. Whole Foods for organic, pasture raised beef, some organic fruits and veggies, healthier options for no-Paleo food for the boys, and spices. Trader Joe's for the rest of the organic fruit and veggies I can't get at Whole Foods. Then Winco for the stuff I don't need to spend as much money on. The non-organic fruits and veggies (or the few types of organics they carry), nuts, the All-Natural Hormel Canadian Bacon that neither of the other two carries, and organic milk for the boys. It's the right brand, and it's cheaper. What used to be a 45 minute to an hour trip now takes about 2 hours, but I am getting better food, and once I get dialed in one what to buy where, it will go faster.

Food Diary for Friday the 15th of March:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy, fried in butter
                2 pieces of Canadian Bacon
                10 oz of Black Coffee

AM Snack: 6 Green Beans

Lunch:  1/2 of a Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
            Salad with homemade Spicy Lime Mayo

PM Snack: 3 Salt and Pepper Cashews

Dinner:  Grilled Sirloin Steak
             6 stalks of Asparagus
             1 square of the Lindt 90% Cacao Bar (this is the right bar for me. Sweet enough to taste good, strong enough to only want a little bit)

Water: About 80 oz

Sleep: about 5 hours of sleep

Exercise: Normal walking around

Ok, going to take out my eyeballs and try to get some sleep! Later all!

No comments: