Monday, March 18, 2013

Middle Earth Musings


In honor of the Hobbit being released this week, I'm going to figure out a way to incorporate some saying or something from either the book or the movie.

I first visited Middle Earth in the 4th grade when I read the Hobbit. I became an instant fan. I was less interested in The Lord of the Rings, but I did try to read it. Didn't get very far, as I remember. But I kept the books around for years. 


Not mine, but these are the editions I owned. Don't know what happened to them.

I even owned the Silmarillion at one point. I skimmed that, but there was no way I was going to read it from cover to cover as a kid.


I don't remember much about the dust jacket, but this symbol I remember.

I never did get back to the Silmarillion, but I did eventually finish the The Lord of the Rings when I was in college, and then again before the movies came out. I really enjoyed the movies for what they were. I didn't expect the book, although Tom Bombadil would have been a welcome addition!

Today was a long day. Work went well as always, but then it was a meeting right after work, load the car, get home, get dinner cooked, scarfed down, and then off to a work event. It was a good event. I met lots of parents and students. I got to visit with my colleagues, old friends, and met parents of former students. It's always good to put faces to names!

Weight check-in. I was hoping to stay down, but it went up to 230.2 lbs. Not bad, but I was hoping for 229.4. Oh well. Lets see what tomorrow brings!

Food Diary for Monday the 18th of March:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy, fried in butter
                2 pieces of Bacon
                10 oz of Black Coffee

AM Snack: 10 Green Beans
                 
Lunch:  Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
            Big Ol' Salad with homemade Spicy Lime Mayo

PM Snack: 2 slices of Corned Beef

Dinner:  2 1/4 pound hamburgers
             Big Ol' Salad w/Yellow Mustard
             1 square of the Lindt 90% Cacao Bar
             1 square of Endangered Species 88% Cacao 

Water: About 80 oz

Sleep: about 7 hours of sleep

Exercise: Normal walking around
               Ab Diet Original Monday Workout

Ok, that's it for another day! May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.

No comments: