Friday, March 22, 2013

Eagles

Tonight the family gathered around the TV to watch The Hobbit. Malia , Marc, and I fell asleep several times. Malia finally gave up and went to bed. Only Noah and I ended up watching through to the end. At the point when the eagles come to save the good guys from certain death, Noah asks the age old question. "Why didn't the eagles just fly them to The Lonely Mountain?"

It seems to be the way Tolkien liked to get his characters out of a serious jam. The eagles save Gandalf from Sarumon. The eagles get Sam and Frodo off Mount Doom. Why not just have the eagles do everything and get it over with? The obvious answer is that it would make the stories much less interesting. Bilbo never would have gotten the ring had they flown straight to the mountain. The Company would never had needed rescuing, thus causing a fairly good chunk of the story to be lost. Sam and Frodo never would have had the ring to take to Mount Doom in the first place. It does seem like he wrote himself into a corner and used the eagles as a convenient escape hatch a lot, though.

Today was a decent day. Work went well and fast! That's always a plus. Went to a TGIF with some work colleagues. Ate some raw fish. Eh...not a favorite, that's for sure. Had a decent steak for dinner. Got to watch (most of) The Hobbit again. All in all a good day.

Currently I am in the process of painting my Pinewood Derby car for tomorrow's big race. I officially hand over the reigns of Cubmaster to Clint tomorrow. He and I will do something goofy and race our cars for honor and glory or something. I'll post pictures of the car tomorrow.

Today I decided I needed to stop stressing over my weight, as hard as that is. Got on the scale and I was up again. 231.6 lbs. Sigh. It's difficult to stay positive, but I'm still over 20 pounds lighter than I was a few months ago, so that's a good thing. My goals are shot though. 170 by Christmas is still a possibility, but 220 by April 8 is most unlikely at this point, and 200 by June 11 is getting harder to attain at this point. Oh well. The goal are just that, goals. Not deadlines or drop dead dates. I will reach the targets eventually. No point worrying about it. Just keep doing what I'm doing and make the best of it.

I spent much less time exercising this week. I'd been pushing myself pretty hard and needed the break. My body was sore all the time. Given it a few days rest. Next week, I'll get back on that horse.


Food Diary for Friday the 22nd of March:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, fried in organic butter
                2 pieces of (hormone free, nitrate and nitrite free, organic) Canadian Bacon 
                10 oz of Black Coffee

AM Snack: 10 Green Beans
                   10 Macadamias
                 
Lunch:  1 serving of Everyday Meatloaf (really good, btw!)
            Big Ol' Salad

PM Snack: Pepper Seared Ahi (4 slices) 
                  3 Dark Chocolate Honey Peppermint candies (really good!)

Dinner:  T-Bone Steak
             Pan Fried Brussels Sprouts
             1 square of Endangered Species 88% Cacao 

Water: About 60 oz

Sleep: about 6 hours of sleep

Exercise: Normal walking around


 With that, I leave you for the night. Take care!

No comments: