Sunday, March 10, 2013

Fasting Day

Hello! Day 35 of this crazy experiment to lose weight and stuff, so I thought I'd mix it up by adding something new.

In the Primal Blueprint Mark Sisson talks about Intermittent Fasting as a way to jump start your body into breaking a plateau. This week was a plateau week for me. I was losing and gaining the same pounds all week. Very frustrating because I wasn't doing anything different. So I decided to do a fasting day.

I woke up this morning and weighed myself. I was at 234.2. A bit lower than yesterday, but it's been hovering there all week. So, I had a glass of water and called it good. I worked out, cleaned up a bit, did laundry, changed the sheets, you know, normal Sunday stuff. Lunch rolled around and didn't eat. Finally had dinner this evening.

Honestly the only time I felt hungry was when Malia started to talk about food. I felt fine all day. No problems whatsoever. I didn't have hunger pangs, my blood sugar levels felt good, didn't have any dizziness or nausea. All in all, I think it went pretty well. I'll see what tomorrow brings on the scale. If it was good, this could be come a weekly thing as he recommends.

Food Diary for Sunday 10th of March

Breakfast: Nada

AM Snack: Nothing

Lunch: Nothing again

PM Snack: A big bowl of Nothing

Dinner: Korean BBQ Beef Short Ribs (Primal Style with the sauce made from Blackberries)
            Huge Salad w/ Balsamic and Olive Oil
            1/4 of an Endangered Species 88% Cacao Bar

Water: about 100 oz

Sleep: 8 hours

Exercise: Abs Diet Original Saturday workout

Hopefully your weekend rocked!

See ya!
         

No comments: