Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Allons-y!

Welcome to Wednesday! Another day in the books and one day closer to vacation! This year we are taking the 2nd oldest niece to Disneyland for her High School Graduation present. It's a bit early, but with summer being crazy and short for us and with her starting college in the fall, Spring Break made the most sense to us. So, another Disneyland trip coming up! I'm excited. Get to see Cars Land finally!

The next Disney trip will be a joint venture with friends to Disney World over Christmas of 2014. This will give us a chance to save up for it. Not so much the park, but the plane tickets! It's expensive for four people to fly to Orlando from here.

Today, we celebrate two birthdays, one for this guy:


Marc who is now 11.

And this guy:


My Dad, Bob, who would have been 66 years old today. He passed away 6 years ago.

Today is kind of a bittersweet day. When we decided to have Marc's birthday be today, we knew it was on Dad's birthday, but didn't think about the ramifications of that down the road. Now, every birthday, Marc remembers it's also Poppy's birthday, and that makes him sad. However, each year gets a little easier to deal with. I don't think he even mentioned it this year. 

Continuing on my discussion of Doctor Who:


David Tenant as The Doctor

David was the 10th man to play The Doctor and is my number one favorite Doctor. His humor, his general wackiness, and the crazy look he gets when he's about to do something totally off the wall make him a very compelling character. I liked him from the moment I saw him. By the end of his run, he was really playing the tortured soul really well. His almost maniacal portrayal as a desperate man made you believe he was really about to lose it all. When he "regenerated" I was saddened by his passing, but knew that the story arc really had no way of continuing with him. Having a new Doctor made sense.

Tomorrow, I'll talk about his Companions.

Weight was down to 228.2 today. Not much to say really. It's been 53 days now since I made the switch. I still feel really good. Cravings for sweets don't go away, I don't care what anyone says. I could eat an entire gallon of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream right now if it were sitting in front of me. I don't because I know it's not good for me, but I still want it. 

I actually did cheat yesterday and I forgot all about it! I stopped in at Big Horn Olive Oil to pick up another bottle of the Black Currant Balsamic Vinegar and walked out with that and a small bottle of Dark Chocolate Balsamic and Blood Orange Olive Oil as well. That is an awesome combo, by the way. I've had it 2 times since I got it yesterday, and it is really good. I'm sure it would be a good taste over ice cream, but I've had it on salad with fish both times and the combo is quite nice.

Anyway...the cheat came when I was leaving. On my way out, the lady at the store pressed two hand wrapped, chocolate truffles into my hand. They sat on the seat next to me for about 5 minutes before I opened one up and ate it. I did savor it and ate it slowly. Which was good, because it was some sort of Chile Chocolate, something in the Scoville range of a Jalapeno to a Cayenne. Enough to feel the heat, but not enough to be dangerous. The other was a Dark Chocolate truffle, not nearly as dark as what I've been eating, but darker than milk chocolate.

Tomorrow is another good day! I get to go be with the "cool" people! Ha!

Food Diary for Wednesday the 27th of March:

Breakfast: 2 Eggs, over easy, fried in butter
                2 slices of Canadian Bacon
                10 oz of coffee w/ KAL Pure Stevia Extract

AM Snack: 5 green beans
                  10 pecans
                 
Lunch:  Leftover Halibut from Monday
            Big Ol' Salad with Dark Chocolate and Blood Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette

PM Snack: 10 Macadamias
                  2 servings of uncured Pepperoni

Dinner: Salmon Patties (eh...not that great.)
            Big Ol' Salad with Dark Chocolate and Blood Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette
            4 squares of Lindt 90% Cacao
             
Water: About 70 oz

Sleep: about 6 hours of sleep

Exercise: Normal walking around 
              Abs Diet Original Wednesday workout

Have a great one! 

No comments: