Thursday, March 28, 2013

Funny that...

So, I did something cool and didn't realize it. I posted on Tuesday about Rose Tyler being the 9th Doctor's companion. Funny thing about that? March 26th was the day the series started again. With the first appearance of Rose Tyler. How cool is that?

Anyway...howdy, friends! So good of you to drop in and check out my little corner of the internet. And by little, I do mean little. I average less than 30 hits a day, but that's okay. I'm not trying to take the world by storm here. Just my quiet little voice talking about what interests me in a format that is more conducive to writing than either Facebook or Twitter.

Today I'll talk about the 10th Doctor's Companions.

We met these two already:


Rose and Jack

They play a pivotal role in the development of The (10th) Doctor as well as the 9th. I was really glad to see they carried on during 10's reign.

Rose eventually becomes trapped in another dimension and Jack left after being stranded on the satellite and later (re)forms Torchwood. Jack's final fate is actually REALLY cool and the setup is so subtle and drawn out, that you really have no idea what's about to happen until they hit you with it. I was blown away when they revealed who his future identity was!

During the time Rose and Jack were Companions of the Doctor's, Rose's ex/Boyfriend, Mickey, also did some travelling with them. He really felt left out in the dynamics and didn't stay very long. He later takes a role as an alternate dimension version of himself and does some really cool stuff!


Mickey Smith

After Rose, Jack and Mickey left, The Doctor found a new Companion:


Martha Jones

Martha was smart, charming, and funny. I liked her. Going off to be a part of UNIT and Torchwood after her time as a Companion was a cool thing. I think she made an excellent companion, and would like to have seen more of her. 


Next up was Donna Noble



Sigh...Donna. I really hated her from at the start. She was annoying. However, by the end of her time, she was quite the sympathetic character and I felt awful for her. All the stuff that happened to her, and she wasn't allowed to remember it? Sad. It made me look at her in a new light, that's for sure.

There were several other, minor companions, including the return of Sarah Jane Smith, during 10's run as The Doctor. Not really going to mention them, as I have no real memory of them at all.

Tomorrow I'll talk about the 11th man to play The Doctor.

The scale read 228.2 lbs today. Better than yesterday, but still not where I wanted to be. Drat!

Food Diary for Thursday the 28th of March:

Breakfast: 2 Eggs, over easy, fried in butter
                2 slices of Canadian Bacon
                10 oz of coffee w/ KAL Pure Stevia Extract

AM Snack: 5 green beans
                  10 pecans
                 
Lunch:  Leftover Salmon Patties (not bad the second day, actually!)
            Big Ol' Salad with Dark Chocolate and Blood Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette

PM Snack: 10 Macadamias

Dinner: Paleo Sloppy Joes (I cheated actually and used some store bought BBQ sauce, full of sugar and corn syrup, definitely NOT Paleo)
            Big Ol' Salad
            4 squares of Endangered Species 88% Cacao
             
Water: About 70 oz

Sleep: about 6 hours of sleep

Exercise: Normal walking around (Malia crashed early again tonight, so no bike again!)

That's all for another exciting episode, tune in next time!

No comments: