Thursday, March 14, 2013

Must be Thursday...




...and that my friends is Arthur Dent, classic everyman character from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Martin Freeman did a great job in this role. I've always liked him. His Bilbo is really good, as is his Dr. Watson.

Stress from yesterday drove my weight up about a pound, so I started the day at 232.8 lbs. I had a feeling it was going to happen. It's okay. Just gonna keep doing my thing.

It was Pi Day at school today. I'm not sure how many times I had to say no thank you to a piece of pie, either the sweet or pizza varieties. I was a wreck by the end of the day and actually left work early because I was feeling so...blech. It's a difficult thing to say no to your favorite things all the time.

Stopped at Costco on the way home and ran into an old friend (Hi, Shay!). It was good to see her and spend a few minutes chatting. She was always a good friend. 

My job as an elementary school teacher has been fun, but the downside is there are not many men around to make friends with. When I look back at college, there were very few guys my age in the ed classes, so I didn't make that connection. I didn't live in the dorms and I wasn't in a frat, so I didn't have that source either. Most of my male friends from college were boyfriends of female friends, so those didn't always last. So, my close friend pool is pretty small since I am not likely to go out with "the girls" I used to work with. Some guys just aren't okay with their wife/girlfriend going out with another guy. Weird!

Tomorrow is Friday, so back to the same school. It's pajama day, and I am trying to decide if I am going to join in or just go in my regular work clothes. I haven't decided yet. Guess I'll make that choice in the AM. 

Food Diary for Thursday the 14th of March:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy, fried in butter
                2 pieces of Canadian Bacon
                20 oz of Coffee with 4 packets of SitR

AM Snack: 10 Macadamia nuts
                   10 Green Beans

Lunch:  1/2 of a Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
            Salad with homemade Spicy Lime Mayo

PM Snack: 14 slices of Pepperoni microwaved to make crispy (Pretty good actually!)

Dinner:  Spaghetti Squash with homemade Spaghetti Sauce and the left over Ground Lamb Meatballs (It was okay.)
             1 square of the Lindt 90% Cacao Bar (this is the right bar for me. Sweet enough to taste good, strong enough to only want a little bit)
            1 serving of Sweet Potato Chips w/Sea Salt (they were only ok. I bought them for the boys and I think I will let them have them.)

Water: About 100 oz

Sleep: about 5 hours of sleep

Exercise: Normal walking around
               30 minutes on the Stationary Bike

So long for now!

No comments: