Saturday, March 16, 2013

How badly does it hurt?


Saturday. The day of rest. The day you can sleep as long as you want. No responsibilities. Ha! As if that ever happens. I did have a fairly lazy morning, until we went out and worked in the garden.

As part of our quest to eat better and save money at the same time, we are getting really serious about growing as many of our own fruits and vegetables as we can. Last year was a good year for grapes. This year we are hoping for a bumper crop of strawberries, cherries, asparagus, spinach, kale, romaine, squash, onions, tomatoes, peppers, peas, green beans, corn, etc. To that end, we did this today:


We already had the raised beds set up, so it was a matter of tilling the soil, amending, planting, setting the hoops in the second bed, and getting it covered. A lot of work went into it. Hopefully we get good results!

Getting garden tools in my hands felt good. Digging was easier, lifting heavy bags of soil and compost was much easier. I can see some shape in my arms instead of flab, so that's a good thing. My body is definitely changing shape. More muscle and less fat. Still have a ways to go, but that's okay. Marathon, not a sprint. The "rolls" are going away, and that's a really good thing. I am still not in the xl t-shirts yet, but should be by the end of next month. It felt good getting out in the fresh air and sunshine today, even if I did forget to put on sunscreen. Sun"kissed" is the term I prefer. 


How badly does it hurt? Not that much really, thanks though!

Trillian, as played by Zooey Deschanel. I think this was a great movie and the fact that Zooey was in it just made it all the better. I've been a fan of the book for a long time, and when I heard she was going to be Tril, I knew I would like the movie just as much. I think I am going to have to watch this again soon!

I was so bummed yesterday because my weight had gone up. This morning? A new low! 231 lbs. 3 pounds less than yesterday. I know I didn't lose 3 pounds, just like I know I didn't gain 2.5 pounds the day before. The human body is a funny thing! Stupid water retention.

Food Diary for Saturday the 16th of March:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy, fried in butter
                2 pieces of Bacon
                10 oz of Black Coffee

AM Snack: 10 Green Beans
                 
Lunch:  6 oz of Sirloin Steak
            Big Ol' Salad with homemade Spicy Lime Mayo

PM Snack: 15 Salt and Pepper Cashews
                  16 slices of Pepperoni, microwaved until crisp

Dinner:  Taco Salad
             1 square of the Lindt 90% Cacao Bar

Water: About 80 oz

Sleep: about 5 hours of sleep

Exercise: Working in the Garden
               Ab Diet Original Friday Workout (meant to do this yesterday but just couldn't get up the ambition)

Still trying to decide if I am doing a fasting day tomorrow. The Blueprint recommends it at least once a week if you can do it, so I guess I am going to try. Tomorrow night's dinner is Grilled Corned Beef and Cabbage. I think I can make it until then! We shall see.

Later all! Off to spend some time with my honey!

No comments: