Thursday, March 21, 2013

Never Laugh at Live Dragons

So, earlier this week, I commented how I had dropped to under 230 lbs and was on my way to 220 in the next few weeks. Well, apparently my body took that as a challenge. Since Sunday my weight has gone back up to 231.2 lbs. Sigh...Very frustrating for me. So, apparently I had to learn my lesson, just like Bilbo. Never laugh at a live dragon! Sorry, body.

I looked over my diet of late and realized I've been eating too many nuts, including cashews, which are too good and I eat way too many of! Plus, the Pepperoni I've been eating contains sugar. So, I dropped the cashews in favor of a small handful of macadamias and skipped the old pepperoni in favor of uncured pepperoni. Much better list of ingredients.

I was feeling pretty down for most of the day. I try not to get too high or too low about my weight loss, but today, I was having none of it. Not losing weight is one thing, but gaining is a completely different thing. I'm really bummed that the scale has been going up this week. I'm not giving up, but wallowing in self pity? I'm never above that!

Speaking of someone who could wallow in self pity. Good old Bilbo. Whether it's this guy,



this guy,


or even this guy,



self pity was a way of life for him for a time. Though, at the end of his journey he came out much stronger. So, maybe that is my fate as well? Let's hope so!

Either way, tomorrow is a new day and I will rise and face it just like I have for the past month and a half.


Food Diary for Thursday the 21st of March:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, fried in organic butter
                2 pieces of (hormone free, nitrate and nitrite free, organic) Canadian Bacon 
                10 oz of Black Coffee

AM Snack: 10 Green Beans
                   10 Macadamias
                 
Lunch:  1 serving of Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
            Big Ol' Salad w/ Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette

PM Snack: nothing

Dinner: Zucchini Pizza Boat (Slice a zucchini in half, scoop out the seeds, flilled with pizza toppings. I used  sauce, pork sausage, and the uncured pepperoni) 
             1 square of Endangered Species 88% Cacao 

Water: About 60 oz

Sleep: about 8 hours of sleep

Exercise: Normal walking around

"Farewell!" they cried, 'wherever you fare, till your eyries receive you at the journey's end!"

No comments: