Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Wonderful World of Disney!

Welcome to a Sunday blog! Hope you had a better day than I did. I spent 90% of my day working with oldest child on his outline for his Language Arts paper that was due last week. The boy does not know how to write! Sigh...and so, sadly, this weekend, he has spent working overtime on his schoolwork.

I had intended another round of Intermittent Fasting today. Made it until just after 2:00 PM, but the boy eating pizza and candy threw me over the edge. I had to get something to eat. Oh well. Not important.

Today being Easter, I decided to make a nice dinner. Therefore, we had Roasted Leg of Lamb, Garlic and Herb Mashed Cauliflower, and Carrot Cake. All of the recipes came from here. Everything tasted pretty good, including the cake! Mashed Cauliflower is never going to taste like mashed potatoes, but just accepting I was eating mashed cauliflower is okay, too!

My weight was at 226.0 lbs today. Yay! Not going to make the 220 lbs in 7 days, unfortunately. Oh well. I figure I will be a solid 223 by the time we head out to Disneyland. Hopefully, I will return at less than 226. It's going to take some effort, but right off the bat, I know there are several things I will not be eating or drinking.

I guess that's going to lead me into the topic for the week which is Disney. Today, I'm going to talk about my favorite restaurants and snack bars. Disneyland has some amazing food. Most of it is definitely not Paleo/Primal, but all of it is good. Just thinking about it is making my mouth water! Below are some of the rules I am making for myself while there.

First off, each dinner will contain some sort of salad and vegetable along with the protein. No starchy carbs after dinner time.

Second, no Sodas. Water and black coffee only.

Three, one indulgence a day. Be it a meal or a snack, there will be one indulgence a day!

Now, to the good stuff. What to eat while there? Oh man...the possibilities are endless!

One of my favorite things to eat there is the Corn dog and chips right on Main Street, USA.


The Little Red Wagon sells these amazing, hand dipped corn dogs. 


So good! This is going to be a tough one to pass up. We shall see how things are going!

Dinner one night will be here:


The Blue Bayou is a family favorite and probably the coolest restaurant in Disneyland. The food is always amazing, and the ambiance?


This is a picture looking at the restaurant from The Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Yep. The restaurant is inside the ride! Best seats are at the tables nearest the water. You really get the full experience as you sit back and enjoy your meal! Reservations are a must and the entire party must be there by the time your reservation is set, or they will pass you by.

Another family favorite are these delightful treats:


The Dole Whip and the Dole Whip Float. Pineapple Soft Serve and Pineapple Soft Serve with Pineapple Juice. I normally get just the Whip. It's a really good ice cream. Kick back, watch the Tiki Room show, and eat a dole whip? My idea of a good time at Disneyland.

Keeping it to Adventureland, another great place to eat is The Bengal Barbecue.


Small little stand right across from the world famous, Jungle Cruise. They serve skewers of meat and veggies. The sauce is probably loaded with sugar, but it's probably a better choice than most places we could eat!



Rancho Del Zocallo is Malia's favorite.


While the majority of this food is fried carbs, there are some citrus grilled options as well, so this is a possibility for at least one meal!

There are plenty of good places to eat. Anyone have a favorite? Post here or on my Facebook page!

Apparently, there is a gluten free menu available. I found a link that shows what's GF and where you can get it, I think that is probably the best I am going to get while there, other than common sense!

Calendar for the blog topics will be:

Monday: Tomorrowland and Main Street USA
Tuesday: Fantasyland and Toontown
Wednesday: Critter Country, Adventureland, Frontierland, and New Orleans Square
Thursday: Disney California Adventure, Part 1
Friday: Disney California Adventure, Part 2
Saturday: Characters
Sunday: Hotels and Downtown Disney

After that, I will not be doing a regular blog. Maybe a few updates from the park, so keep your eyes out for that!

Food Diary for Sunday the 31st of March:

Breakfast: Nothing

AM Snack: Nothing
                 
Lunch:  2 hard boiled eggs

PM Snack: 10 Macadamias
                  1 hunk of Pepperoni

Dinner:  Roast Leg of Lamb
             Herb Mashed Cauliflower
             Carrot Cake 

Water: About 70 oz

Sleep: about 5 hours of sleep

Exercise: Not much today

Thanks for reading! See ya later!





No comments: