Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Too Good

There are somethings that just shouldn't taste so good. Today I made this. I modified the recipe a bit. I used 3 Ghirardelli 86% Cacao bars, 1/2 cup of crunched macadamias, about 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, and then about 1/4 cup of shredded coconut. Oh. My. God. So good. I intended to only eat 1 piece. And I did. I ate one piece. About 6 times. Maybe 7. Or 8. I lost count. There is still a bunch left, but wow! That stuff is good and dangerous! Not going to make that for myself again. Even now, I am thinking about getting more!

Today was a good day. Getting mixed reactions to the new look. Not a surprise. Going bald and facial hairless all at once is a bit drastic. Most people aren't sure what I did differently, and so ignore it until someone who can tell points it out. Pretty funny! The overall opinion is to grow something back on my face, but there were 3 pretty strong opinions about leaving it shaved, because it "Really shows off my eyes." Apparently my eyes are my most striking feature. Could be worse. However, Malia gets the last call, so facial hair it is. I think I am going to try this look:


Full beard and bald head. Could be a good thing. I'd go with a less bushy 'stache though. I like being able to eat and drink without getting a bunch of food and water in there!

Good food eaten today, and besides the Chocolate Macadamia Coconut Bark, I didn't over eat anything. Tuesday is always a tough day due to all the candy and the baked goods at my school. I've been on the "diet" for over a month now, and people always talk about how the cravings go away after a few weeks. I can tell you that for me, that is just not true. Everyday is a struggle. Candy, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, desserts, sugar, all of it. Everyday. Some days it's a physical need. I can feel it in the room with me. It's always there. People say "Everything in moderation," but for me there is no such thing. I can't allow it. If I do, I am done for. I know that sounds drastic and extreme, but I know if I slip, I will keep falling. Constant vigilance is required. That's why I try to eat really good food everyday. If I know I've got something REALLY good waiting for me, it helps to focus me and push me past the junk.

Speaking of good food:

Food Diary for Tuesday 5th of March:


Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy, fried in butter
                2 pieces of Canadian Bacon
                10 oz of Coffee with 2 packets of SitR

AM Snack: 10 Macadamias
                   10 Green Beans (raw, organic)

Lunch: Bacon Burger (Paleo Indulgences recipe)
            Big Ol' Salad w/yellow mustard

PM Snack: 1 piece of Salted Macadamia Coconut Dark Chocolate Bark

Dinner: Fried Pork Chop with Shredded Brussels Sprouts
            Big Ol' Salad
            5...um..6...7...8(?) more pieces of the Salted Macadamia Coconut Dark Chocolate Bark

Water: About 100 oz

Sleep: about 7 hours

Exercise: 25 minutes on the Stationary Bike

Alright, be good to yourself and each other!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you about not being able to indulge in 'moderation'...I'm the same way; it just doesn't exist. It takes weeks to get back on track and at that point I've gained everything I lost. Good for you! You have kept a good pace and your meals aren't rabbit food!
Karena

Chad said...

The sad thing is I obviously over-indulged on the the Chocolate Coconut Macadamia Bark. I'm actually going to take it to work tomorrow to get rid of it. I've eaten WAY too much of it! Can't even do that right! I just need to avoid it. If it tastes good, I probably shouldn't eat it! ;-)