Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It figures!

So, today was the start of the new unit of study I am working on with my students. We are doing the "Outdoor Habitat" with the end product being some sort of improvement to the school grounds. To start this off we went outside to look for evidence of animal life. Of course it was cold, windy, and snowing. It did not make for a super fun time, especially with my lack of hair and no hat! The kids were troopers though, and we got the lesson done and back into the warm "classroom" to debrief and go over our results. All in all a good lesson.

I stopped in at Big Horn Olive Oil again to pick up another bottle of the Lemon Fused Olive Oil. I am becoming a regular. They even know my name now. Of course, I threw them off by having the completely shaved look, but the lady remembers my Mickey Mouse credit card. Too funny the things people remember! Anyway, this is a really nice shop, the ladies that work there are super friendly, and will help you find just the right type of oil and vinegar pairings for amazing salad dressings. If you are looking for a good olive oil or balsamic vinegar, or nut oil (not a big fan of those though), this is the place to go. They have an incredible variety of flavors.

I made something I've wanted to make for awhile, but never got around to. Cincinnati Chili. I skipped the spaghetti, but did add the cocoa powder. Malia of course noticed it tasted "funny" at first, and then "gross" at the end. Luckily I had set some aside for her before I put the cocoa powder in, so she was able to enjoy it. The boys didn't like it. Seems pretty much their MO lately. They don't like anything I make for dinner. I even have them pick things out that sounds good to them, and they still turn their noses up! So frustrating!

Noah played in a concert tonight and he is playing well. Some more practice, and I think he could make the honor band next year. We shall see.

Talked to an old friend from one of my old schools. Always good to run into people I haven't seen in awhile. I think at some point I need to have a party and invite people over. Could be fun!


Food Diary for Wednesday 6th of March:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy, fried in butter
                2 pieces of Canadian Bacon
                10 oz of Coffee with 2 packets of SitR

AM Snack: 1 serving of Kale Chips
                   12 cashews

Lunch: Fried Pork Chop with Shredded Brussels Sprouts

PM Snack: 1 piece of Salted Macadamia Coconut Dark Chocolate Bark
                  10 Green Beans (raw, organic)

Dinner: 1 serving of homemade Cincinnati Chili (Paleo Indulgences Recipe)
            4(?) more pieces of the Salted Macadamia Coconut Dark Chocolate Bark

Water: About 100 oz

Sleep: about 6 hours

Exercise: Abs Diet Original Workout, Wednesday Edition

Hope you have a great day!

No comments: