Saturday, March 23, 2013

There and Back Again


Welcome back! Hopefully your day went well. Mine was good. Out early running errands and then finished my last official duty as Cubmaster of Pack 46. As I said today, I am leaving the Pack better than when I took over, and that is a good thing. Hopefully the leadership remains strong and the growth continues for years to come.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to have a goofy send off race with Clint, but I still got to race my car. Here is a picture of the finished work. I'd like to say I did it all myself, but in all honesty, it's a kit. I just painted it. Still, it's cool enough.


Yep. I made a Batmobile. Pretty sweet! I got beat by several cars, including another Batmobile and even a Superman car. Not the worst Pinewood derby I've ever been to, though.

Today's title is another obvious Hobbit reference. There and back again describes lots of things in my life. I've been to many places both figuratively and literally and always come back, but as Gandalf says, never the same. Today, I'm thankful for all the roads I've taken that have made me the person I am.

Speaking of today, it's time for the daily weigh in. 227.8 lbs. No idea. I don't even know what to say. I weighed myself 3 different times and that was the number that came up each time. After a week of low 230's, I don't even know how to respond. We shall see what tomorrow brings. Tomorrow has been the usual fasting day. I think I'll give it a go again.

Food Diary for Saturday the 23rd of March:

Breakfast: Nothing except a cup of coffee with the new sweetener. Powerful stuff that. Less than an 8th of a teaspoon does the trick. I was out early and thought I would grab something when I got home. Didn't get home until lunch time.

AM Snack: Nothing
                 
Lunch:  1 serving of Meatloaf
             Big Ol' Salad

PM Snack: 10 Macadamias
                  1 square of Endangered Species 88% Cacao

Dinner: Leftover Steak
            Big Ol' Salad w/ Balsamic and Olive Oil
             
Water: About 50 oz

Sleep: about 5 hours of sleep

Exercise: Normal walking around

Until next time! 

No comments: