Monday, March 11, 2013

Maybe it worked?

Wow! I am impressed with what happened between yesterday and today. On Sunday I weighed in at 234.2 lbs. I did the fasting and woke up today at 232.6 lbs. That was worth it! We shall see how that holds up tomorrow, but if the weight drops tomorrow, then I can say that may have been a successful experiment and will start making Sundays a fasting day with added weight training. We'll see how that goes because last Sunday I was the only one home for most of the day, so it was easy to not eat. Now that Malia and Noah are done skiing on a regular basis, it could be a bit trickier.

Today was a good day. Got to be out in the fresh air and sunshine for most of the day while the kids looked for evidence of animal life. They found quite a bit. Hopefully that turns into some good data they can use to come up with some mini-projects!

Tomorrow is my official observation from my boss. I'm always nervous when it comes to those. Mostly because you never know how things are going to go. Best laid plans of mice and men.


So, anyway..wish me luck!

Dinner the last 2 nights have been good in theory, but bad in the delivery. Last night I got the wrong kind of ribs and they didn't cook right. Tonight, I needed ground lamb, couldn't find any, so got stew meat instead. Forgot to trim the fat and gristle and it caused major jams in the grinder. Then I left the gristle in so it made the meatballs hard to chew. Then I overcooked them. Bah! Good idea, bad product. The taste was good, but not the dinner I was hoping for. 

Oh well, tomorrow is  Fish "Tacos". Hard to mess those up... 


D'oh!

Food Diary for Monday, 11th of March:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy, fried in butter
                2 pieces of Canadian Bacon
                10 oz of Coffee with 2 packets of SitR

AM Snack: 3 green beans
                   2 sections of bell pepper

Lunch:  bowl of the Chicken and Dumplings

PM Snack: 25 cashews (a bit heavy on those today)

Dinner: 6 Lamb Meatballs
            Big Ol' Salad w/ Balsamic and Olive Oil
            1/2 of an 88% Cacao Bar (I apparently needed the extra fat today)

Water: About 80 oz

Sleep: about 6 hours of interrupted sleep

Exercise: Normal walking around
               Abs Diet Original Workout, Monday Edition

Take care all!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you getting tired of fried eggs and Canadian bacon???
Karena

Chad said...

Actually no. I really like them. Someone else asked me that a few weeks ago. I like regular bacon, but I don't want to take the time to do it right (baked in the oven at 400 degrees until it's not wobbly but not crispy). Canadian bacon is really good and I have found a brand that is hormone and nitrate/nitrite free and has a much better taste than the cheap stuff. Also, it's a leaner cut, which I like. Fry it up in the pan to heat it, and it's good to go.