Thursday, February 28, 2013

Some things shouldn't be done

Greetings! Welcome to another episode of "What did Chad Eat Today?"! Hope your day was a great one. Mine was pretty darn good.

Started the day off with my good friend the scale. Today's weigh in was 236.8. When I started this journey, I was 254. So, that means I'm getting close to that first 20 pounds! So exciting! Not sure what I am going to do to celebrate that milestone. However, if I go back to my highest weight in the past year, I am down almost 25 pounds! Even better!

It's been so nice getting back in to my old clothes. The problem now is the only clothes I have that are my "skinny clothes" are jeans and t-shirts. In about 10-15 pounds, I am going to have to get new clothes. My current work shirts are starting to hang poorly on me. Pants are okay for now, but some are starting to sag a bit in the backside, and I only have a few pair or "skinny pants" to wear in a week. However, I don't want to spend a lot of money on new "fat" clothes. I'm thinking thrift store for my in between clothes. Not sure though. It's kind of weird wearing someone else's clothes. Going to have to think that through.

Good day at work. More presentations done by the kids. They enjoyed hearing each other's work, especially the 2nd graders who got to listen to one of the 6th grade groups. They also enjoyed when I did this:


and this:


Good stuff, right there! Bald Santa and White Haired Weird Guy.

Not sure if it beats my friend's day at work, though. The lovely and talented Felicia Day stopped by his place of work. Not sure if he got to meet her, but needless to say, jealous. For those who don't know who Felicia Day is, she is an Internet Star who has also does a lot of other cool stuff like voiceovers for cartoons and video games, TV shows, etc. She is one of my celebrity crushes.



On to the food diary!

Food Diary for Thursday 28th of February:
Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy, fried in butter
                2 slices of Canadian Bacon
                10 oz of Coffee with 2 packets of SitR

AM Snack: Too busy to eat.

Lunch: 1 Turkey Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
           Big Ol' Salad w/Lemon Olive Oil and Oregano White Balsamic Vinegar

PM Snack: 3 oz of Turkey Breast
                  A few pecans

Dinner: Baked "Breaded" Chicken Breast (Eh...not very good either. Chicken was good, but breading, not so much)
            Baked Kale Chips w/Garlic Olive Oil and Taco Seasoning (Actually pretty good! This might be a regular snack food!)
            1 square of the World Market 99% Cacao Bar (still not so sure about this one.)

Water: About 80 oz

Sleep: about 7 hours

Exercise: Walking at work
               33 minutes on the Stationary Bike watching Warehouse 13

Well, that's it for today! Hope you have a great Friday (or whatever day it is when you read this)!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all wear thrift store clothes, so it really is okay. Think of it this way, every time you stay at a hotel, you are sleeping in sheets someone else slept (and did God knows what else in). Once they go through the washer, who cares? I'm thinking of some of the amazing clothes we have donated over the years due to weight gain/loss. You can find some great stuff. Once you hit your 'goal' I also recommend finding a good consignment shop. You can get great stuff at much better prices.

Did you use ground almonds for your "breading". I find ground nuts work well, but usually need a little extra seasoning to make up for the salt and whatever else is usually in the bread crumbs.

You are doing so great!! Wish I was half as motivated:) Kiara

Chad said...

Yeah, I think it's probably not as icky as it seems. I know I've donated plenty of decent clothes in the past. Getting a whole "new" wardrobe at a lower price is probably a really good idea. My dress shirts are really baggy, as are most of my jeans.

I used almond and coconut flour with an egg wash. I think I should have fried them in a bit of oil before baking them to brown them up and make them not so dry.

Thanks for the support! It's a struggle, but I am trying to keep focused.