Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Quest

So, in my quest to become a healthier person, lose weight, stop taking medications, and giving myself a better future, I have started to be pickier about where my food comes from and how it is treated. To that end, I ordered a copy of the book Rich Food, Poor Food. I should have it by Friday and hope to...devour... it's contents before I go to the grocery store on Sunday.

I know I have a long way to go in the area of learning about GMOs and some of the other things, but the one thing I am going to change is buying organic, grass fed meat products. I know it will be more expensive, but I think for my health and the health of my family it will be worth it. I will go through the freezer and use up whatever we have in there, no sense wasting it, but begin to replace it with higher quality products. I know that more expensive doesn't always mean better food, but in this case, I think it will be worth it.

I've also decided to start growing/making my own spices. It will be another hobby, but one with useful side effects! Should be interesting! Plus, the garden should be full of good food this year, so I am looking forward to that as well.

Food diary for Wednesday 20th of February:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy fried in 1 pat of butter
                3 slices of Canadian Bacon
                10 oz of Coffee with 1 SitR packet

AM Snack: 5 green beans
                  2 Mini Orange Bell Peppers

Lunch: Big Ol' Salad w/Yellow Mustard
           3 Small Pork and Apple Sliders

PM Snack: 10 Cashews
                  10 Macadamias
                  6 oz of Picante Flavored Pork Rinds

Dinner: 1 serving of Better Butter Chicken (Recipe from this book.)
            1/2 serving of Red Chard fried in Coconut oil (Didn't make enough, which was why I only got 1/2 a       serving)
            6 squares of Endangered Species 88% Cacao Bar

Water: 80 (give or take a few) oz

Sleep: 7 hours

Exercise: Abs Diet Original Workout for Wednesday

Ok, I'll keep you up to date on everything as I learn it! Until we meeet again, have a great day!

No comments: