Saturday, February 9, 2013

Great (White) Buffalo

Happy Saturday!

Today was a good day. I didn't eat a whole lot today, but I wasn't hungry, so I didn't push it. Got a lot done, so that's good.

Started the day by finishing off the rest of my steak from dinner last night. 1 minute in the microwave and it was good to go. Just as good as last night. Had about 12 oz of water to go with it.

Decided it was time to straighten up the "comic book" room. It's basically my room for all of my collections, comic books, books, movies, sports memorabilia, figures, statues, role playing games, etc... Usually it becomes the dumping ground for all things no one knows what to do with. That's where the weight bench has been relegated.

Well, since I ordered a weight set to start using, I needed to get to the bench. So...the room is now clean and organized. Looks good and the weight bench has already been used by the boys. Sure won't hurt them to start lifting weights. They both could use some upper body strength!

And since I was in a cleaning mood, I gathered up all the cardboard and took it down to be recycled. For some reason, Waste Management in Reno will not take cardboard. So what happens is we get a HUGE stack and then take it to the recycling center. Got there and out before the homeless guy came to help. Apparently, he "works" there on the weekend. People give him a couple bucks for helping. One guy even brought him food. Nice enough guy. Next time I will remember to take a few bucks. At least he isn't begging.

Had a couple helium tanks hanging around as well. Trying to find a place to recycle them is pretty difficult. If anyone knows of a place in Reno area, let me know. I tried Amerigas, but they are closed on the weekend.

Got home and had lunch. Big ol' salad with the usual homemade balsamic vinaigrette and a slab of turkey breast chopped over top. More water to drink.

Snacks today consisted of about 10 cashews, a Macadamia-Date Macaroon (Malia made them, not bad, but probably won't eat anymore), a cup of iced coffee with a packet of Stevia in the Raw. A bit lighter on the veggie snacks than I had been doing, but I think I made up for it with the 2 big salads today.

Dinner. Ah...dinner. Not as good as I was hoping for, but it always sounds good. When I picked the Best. Steaks. Ever. Friday, I also picked up a Bison Tri-Tip. It was a bit pricey, but it's such a lean cut of meat and quite tasty, so I decided to go ahead an buy one.

I followed the recipe for Succulent Bison Tri-Tip. It came out pretty good, but I don't think I will buy it again. It's expensive and honestly, I really can't tell the difference between Bison and a good piece of Beef. Another Big ol' Salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette and another big ol' glass of water finished dinner off. Followed it up with a square of the Lindt 90% Cacao. Kind of looking forward to that one being done so I can try another bar with a different percentage!

So, the big news of the day is my weight. Weighed myself and it was down to 244.6 lbs. That's a total of almost 10 pounds. Definitely noticing a difference. The "roll" is getting smaller, that's for sure!  I've got another 8 days of this, then I will start to introduce fruit back in to the diet. That should be interesting. Sugar in any form is a weight gainer for me, so we shall see how it goes. 200 lbs seems a long way off, but closer than 175 lbs, that's for sure.

Exercise routine kicks in next week. Plan is to alternate riding the bike with weights every other day. I will probably take Sunday off of the routine so it's an even 3 days for each. Easier to remember that way!

Oh...Primal Law #2! Forgot to do that yesterday! I'll do 2, 3, and 4 to catch up today. Here they are if you can't wait to read all 10!

#2: Move around a lot at a slow pace. My job encourages walking, so I do that everyday. It's probably not a lot, but the recommendation is low level aerobic activity for 2-5 a week. I'm not sure it counts as exercise, but I am moving.

#3: Lift heavy things. 30-45 minutes, 2-3 times a week. I ordered the weight set with that in mind. I am not a strong man, so I think I have about 100 lbs of weights ranging from 2.5 to 25 lbs.Starting the dumbbells at 10 pounds each, and the barbell at 50 lbs. We shall see how that goes. May not be enough, but it's more than I lift on a consistent basis, so I wanted to start off light. I think I probably owe the UPS man something for lugging those up to the house for me!

#4: Run really fast every once in a while. I've been doing that as part of the bike ride. I pedal along at a normal pace for about 5 minutes and then do a flat out fast as I can for 1 minute. By then end of my ride, I try to get 5 sprints in.

Ok off to watch a couple episodes of Archer! Later all!

No comments: