Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Man's Gotta Do...

Day 2 of the new life style done. Still feeling good. Especially after the incredibly yummy dinner. Oh my! But more on that later.

Woke up this morning and weighed myself. I was down an amazing 5 pounds! Ha! I know I didn't lose 5 pounds in one day, but that sure was nice to see the scale at 249 lbs. I stepped off and did it two more times and each time confirmed the original. 249 lbs. So, we shall see what tomorrow says.

I actually ate breakfast this morning while finishing up my taxes. Getting a refund! Sweet! Not a huge one, but that's good. That just means I got more of my money than the government did. Not that I am against paying taxes, but I don't want to overpay either. Breakfast was fried eggs in 1tsp of butter and 3 pieces of Canadian Bacon, 8 oz of water, and 12 oz of coffee with 1 packet of Stevia in the Raw. Found out I can use that and boy does it make a difference in my coffee.

Today was the day I was not looking forward to because of the temptation that awaited. The staff lounge back table looked like this:




A basket full of Crunch bars, blueberry muffins, Cool Ranch Doritos, Cheetos, Nacho Doritos, and fresh pumpkin bread. Good stuff. And I didn't eat any of it. Instead, I ate this:


Raw broccoli, green beans, and bell peppers. The bell pepper was my favorite actually. Plain raw broccoli is very dry and the green beans are just kind of blech. I'll continue eating all of them though since they really did keep me from feeling hungry. Just snacked on them throughout the morning until lunch time. Drank about 24 oz of water.

Lunch was a "taco salad" that consisted of mixed greens and leftover turkey taco meat from last night. Not exciting, but it did the trick. More of the veggies accompanied that, with another 12 oz of water.

Took a short walk after school to a little shop called Big Horn Olive Oil Company to check out their supply of local honey. Unfortunately, they had none. So I wandered the shop and tasted a few different olive oils, nut oils, and balsamic vinegars. The pear raspberry balsamic vinegar with Perrier was an amazing taste! It was super sweet, yet very tangy and left the inside of my mouth tingling. I eventually settled on a bottle of Jalapeno White Balsamic Vinegar.

Dinner tonight was another big ol' salad with the Lemon Fused Olive Oil and the new Jalapeno White Balsamic Vinegar, and Beef Stroganoff. Follow the link for the recipe. It is well worth the click! Here is a picture of it:

Everyone ate it and the hopes of taking it for lunch tomorrow soon evaporated as two people went back for seconds! A definite keeper that will be added to the rotation of dinner meals.

Another square of the 90% Cacao as my after dinner treat. Still bitter, but honestly, I don't mind it either. I love dark chocolate and this one is pretty darn good. I'm going to finish this one before starting the 86% bar.

No major exercise, but I did a lot of walking today so I didn't feel so bad. The weight set should be here by the end of the week so I can start to do Primal Law #3: Lift heavy things. I'll talk more about the primal laws as I get further along.

Another bit of news is that I have gone to the grocery store by myself 3 times now and not purchased any sugary junk food! This was always a temptation since the "good stuff" is right by the register. Turning a corner!

I feel really good about the choice I am making so far. Today, I was talking to one of the ladies at work and she was saying that being so public about all of this takes courage. I don't know about that. I guess it helps keep me honest and motivated, even if only a few people read it. I don't mind. After all, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

No comments: