Friday, February 15, 2013

...a friend who believed in me...

Friday! Wahoo! 3 day weekend? WAHOOOO!

Weigh in today was 242. Feel like I am losing the same few pounds this week. Oh, wait...that's because I am! Heh. Hopefully tomorrow is 241. We shall see.

I like this food diary breakdown better than the paragraphs, so I think I will use it. I started it the very first day I cam back to blogging, but moved away the next food diary, so I will see if I can stick with it! What do you think?


Breakfast: 2 eggs over easy fried in 1 pat of butter
                3 slices Canadian Bacon
                1 cup Coffee with 1 packet of Stevia in the Raw

Morning Snack: 10 Cashews
                         10 Macadamias
                         4 Mini Orange Bell Peppers
                         12 Green Beans

Lunch: 1 serving of the Crispy Carnitas
           2 cups shredded Romaine

Afternoon Snack: Nothing

Dinner: Boneless Rib Eye Steak
            Green Beans
            1 square Back and Green Organic 85% Cacao Bar

Water: 80 oz

Sleep: 6 hours (Going to start adding this in each day as well from now on, as it is one of the primal laws)

Exercise: Friday Abs Diet Traditional Routine

So, today was 80's day at work. Sadly, it didn't take much for me to get the look. The only thing I was missing is the hair. The picture below doesn't quite do it justice. I am wearing a teal t-shirt, a Batman windbreaker loaded with buttons, a pair of button fly 501's that have been pegged, and a pair of Chuck Taylor's  Add the big glasses, and I almost nailed the look. Had I shaved off the beard, it would have been better.

I cut my 80's partner in dress out of the picture, since I don't have her permission to post her, but she was rockin' the 80's today as well! The kids had fun with it. Well, mostly they made fun of my glasses, but still. Some people weren't actually sure if I had dressed up or not. Kind of sad, but that is not actually a surprise. I am still a t-shirt and jean kind of guy, and once I ditched the big glasses and the jacket, unpegged the jeans, and turned the shirt around, it looked like what I would normally wear. Now, if I could just get the hair back...

So, a friend who believed in me is the title for this one. And actually, so many friends are believing in me that it makes this journey easier. Thanks to all who read the post, respond on Facebook, or in private. Your words of encouragement keep me going!

Primal Law # 9 Avoid Poisonous Things. Well, I do my best. Still probably eating too many chemicals since I can't afford to go organic everything. I have definitely moved away from the processed junk and sugars and trans-fats  I do my best to only eat things that Grok would have been able to find. I bend and break that on the dark chocolate and coffee, but a man must have something!

Primal Law #10: Use your mind. This blog helps me be creative, so that is one way. My job keeps me thinking all the time, so that is another. Doing online school with my son is a third. I think I might do too much thinking some days! I think the one thing I want to get serious about again is learning to play the bass. That would definitely stretch my brain muscles!

So that's it the 10 laws. So far, I have done a good job keeping true to those. I plan on staying true to them as long as I can. I know I am going to slip up eventually. The test will be to see how badly. I know the Hawaii trip will cost me a bit, as will the Disneyland vacation, but beyond that? No idea!

Okay, off to do the workout I said I did at the top there! Have a great day and see you again tomorrow night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can find lists on the internet of what things are most important to buy organic (based on pesticide load). This will help you with the avoiding poison. Bell peppers tend to be near the top of the list, along with peaches, strawberries, and apples. If you are buying imported stuff it is usually best to get organic because some countries allow even worse poisons than we do. Good luck on your continuing journey! Kiara

Chad said...

Thanks for the info and for reading, Kiara!