Monday, February 25, 2013

What a difference...

10 pounds makes! I added another 10 pounds onto the weight bar today, and that seems to be a good weight now. I started at 50 pounds and it was a struggle. So I dropped down to 20 pounds. That may not seem like a lot, but for me, that was a good starting point. By the end of last week though, I could tell it wasn't doing anything. So, I jumped up to 30 today. Oh yeah, feeling it now! Sweat flowing, muscles burning, breathing hard. It was a good workout! Maybe in another 2 weeks, I will be ready for 40 lbs?

Speaking of weight, today the scale read 238.4. Down about half a pound from yesterday. I think tomorrow will be an up day, but I am guessing somewhere around 239.5. Hopefully not above 240. Feeling good. I know the weight loss slowed down after the first week, but this is a marathon, not a sprint. My goal is 200 by June 10th. Not sure I will get there, as that is about 2.3 lbs per week. It will be close, since I am down 15 lbs since I started, with almost all of that the first week. It's a goal though, and I don't think it's unreasonable.

I was talking at dinner tonight with mom about my calorie intake. Depending on the day, I am taking in between 1000-1300 calories per day. Honestly, I don't know what else I could be eating to up that number. As you can tell from my food diary, with the exception of yesterday, I am not skipping meals or lying to you or myself. I eat pretty much non-stop from 7:00 am until about 8:00 PM. Small meals, spread out over the whole day. I am never "hungry" nor do I feel "depleted" of energy. I feel much better than I have in a long time. No idea, but I guess eating healthy means you need to eat less.

Speaking of which:

Food Diary for Monday 25th of February:


Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy fried in 1 pat of butter
                2 slices of Canadian Bacon
                10 oz of Coffee with 2 SitR packet

AM Snack: 2 medium stalks of Celery
                   1 tbsp Almond Butter

Lunch: Big Ol' Salad w/Balsamic and Olive Oil
           6 oz of Roasted Turkey Breast

PM Snack: 1 oz of Roasted Turkey Breast

Dinner: 1 serving of Pecan Crusted Chicken Breast (Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook)
            1 serving of Brussels Sprouts sauteed in olive oil with salt and pepper
            Big Ol' Salad w/Balsamic and Olive Oil
            2 squares of 88% cacao bar

Water: 80 (give or take a few) oz

Sleep: 7 hours

Exercise: Abs Diet Traditional Workout

Tomorrow I go get blood work done. I am very interested in the results since this is the first time since I started the new diet plan and I will be curious on how it all comes out, especially the blood sugar and the cholesterol levels.

Later all!

No comments: