Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

One picture and no recipes today. It was a boring day, food-wise, except I found a way to spice up raw broccoli!

The scale showed a weight of 247 this morning. That's 7 lbs in 2 days. Mostly water, I know, but you know what? My shirt and pants felt less snug than usual, and my belt seemed looser than normal! I am going to need to buy a new belt since I am cinching all the way on the last hole.

Breakfast was the same as yesterday, 2 eggs, over-easy fried in butter with 3 slices of Canadian Bacon, 12 oz of black coffee with a packet of Stevia in the Raw, and 8 oz of water.

For my snack today I took the usual bell peppers, broccoli, and green beans, however, I spiced the broccoli up by eating a macadamia nut at the same time. The buttery smooth taste of the nut with the broccoli was a nice touch. I also drank 24 oz of water to was the greens out of my teeth!

Lunchtime seemed to take forever today, but it was just another big ol' salad with Lemon fused Olive Oil and Jalapeno White Balsamic. I actually like the Black Currant Balsamic better, but the Jalapeno is pretty good. On top of the salad were a few slices of True Story Applewood Turkey Beast. It's a really nice flavor, and it's organic! (I would love to get more into the free range, organic, home grown meats and eggs. Any suggestions out there, let me know!)

Another 24 oz of water at the start of lunch until my next class began. Filled it up just before the kids showed up and drank about half of it before the end of the day.

Once I got home, I snacked on a few more veggies and some almonds.

Dinner was leftovers since we needed to do a little emptying of the fridge. That left me with another big ol' salad with the last of the taco seasoned ground turkey. No guac leftover though! Drat!

After dinner was another square of the Lindt 90% Cacao candy bar. It really is a just a tiny amount of chocolate, but I break off little bites and let them melt in my mouth, so it takes about 15 minutes to eat the whole thing. I look forward to it every night! It's that little bit that helps me get through the day knowing it's waiting for me after dinner.

Exercise was about 20 minutes moving furniture, including 2 of the big school lunchroom tables, my movable chalkboard which acts as one of my walls, and the 2 movable wall panels. Oh! Here is a picture!
 

Yep, that's my classroom on Wednesdays. It's a bit more private than what I will deal with for the rest of the week, but that's ok. I really love my job.

I need to buy a new pair of black work shoes. I really want to buy American made, so I did some looking on line. I found a pair, but not knowing my shoe size ( I buy 10.5 in tennis shoes, but I know that is not the same as a good pair of Oxfords) I set out to measure my foot. According to the measurements, I should be buying a full size smaller, or the same size as oldest boy. Really? That just seems wrong. So, I think I will go to a shoe store tomorrow and really measure my foot on a measuring scale. Then, I'll buy the shoes! And maybe the Vibram FiveFingers!

Another thing I have been trying to do is get enough sleep, so I am trying to be asleep by 10:00 each night. Since I wake up with the alarm at 5:45, it's a bit less than 8 hours, but closer than I have been in years. I've been using a white noise generator on my phone, but while the sound is on an alarm to turn off after an hour, the program still runs and I end up with a dead phone in the morning.

The weight set I ordered is arriving in pieces, and the last of the pieces should be here by Friday.

That's all for today! Later all!

No comments: