Saturday, February 23, 2013

Gardening soon?

Howdy all! Thanks for stopping by today. Hopefully something I say is interesting. I know it's mostly what I eat during the day, but I am trying to add more to the blog.

Today was an adventure in shopping for organic produce. Whole Foods is super expensive and Winco has almost zero options. Next week, I guess I will try Raley's or maybe Trader Joes. I'm seriously considering the service my sister-in-law mentioned: Basket Case Organics. Prices are cheaper than Whole Foods, that's for sure.

We've also got plans to start planting our garden for the spring. Now we just need to get the seedlings started, the garden soil amended, and the hoop house built for the second bed. Maybe this time I won't smack my nose with a piece of PVC! Today we brought home 20 bags of steer manure to add to the soil. May dump some of them tomorrow if I feel the inspiration.

So, eyesight is getting worse, apparently. I read 1/8th of a teaspoon as 1/2 a teaspoon, and so I added that much, plus probably a little more. Of chipotle powder. Yeah, the Spicy Slaw for dinner tonight was definitely spicy!

Food Diary for Saturday 22nd of February:


Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy fried in 1 pat of butter
                2 slices of Canadian Bacon
                10 oz of Coffee with 1 SitR packet

AM Snack: None

Lunch: 1 serving of the Fajita Frittata
           2 slices of the Steak from last night

PM Snack: 6 Macadamias

Dinner: 1 serving of Fish Taco with Spicy Slaw from the Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook
           2 squares of 88% cacao bar

Water: 80 (give or take a few) oz

Sleep: 7 hours

Exercise: Abs Diet Traditional Workout

Ok, Saturday night awaits after I do the workout I said I did above, so here I go! Hope your weekend is going well! Until tomorrow...

No comments: