Thursday, February 7, 2013

Dinero

Hello, and welcome to another addition of "What did Chad Eat Today?"

So, apparently I should list the decimals in my daily weight check in. Yesterday the scale was at 247.5. Today was at 247.0. So, technically I only lost 6.5 lbs as of yesterday, and 7 lbs. as of today.

Breakfast was 2 pieces of thick cut Applewood Smoked Bacon, 2 eggs over easy fried in just a smidgen of bacon grease (Honestly, I'm not a big fan of doing that and won't do it again, as the eggs cook too quickly and don't taste as good. Plus, they tend to stick to the bottom of the pan.), a cup of coffee and a packet of Stevia in the Raw which I only drank about 1/3 of, and 8 oz of water.

Snacked on green beans and bell peppers spritzed with a little Jalapeno White Balsamic, and 24 oz of water.

Lunch was the usual big ol' salad with Turkey Breast and Lemon Fused Olive Oil and Black Currant Balsamic, and another 16 oz of water, plus some more of the veggies.

Ate more of the green beans and the bell peppers and another 18 oz of water. A few macadamia nuts were added to the mix after I got home from the grocery store, where I ran into a work colleague and spent about 10 minutes chit chatting.

Dinner was Chicken Stir Fry with carrots, celery, onion, broccoli, bell pepper, and garlic. I used homemade chicken stock, soy sauce, and a tsp of cornstarch for the sauce. It was a pretty basic stir fry, but it was good! Another 12 oz of water while eating, and wrapped up my day of eating with a square of the Lindt 90% Cacao bar.

As I was eating dinner, I tried to figure out what the base flavor was, and then realized I had used Coconut Oil, but it gave it an almost cinnamon taste. Not bad, just a bit unexpected. Coconut oil is becoming the new go to oil for cooking. It does add a bit more flavor than other oils I have used and I can't say I dislike that.

Exercise was once again the normal walking I do during the day, and setting up my classroom again. If I remember, I will take a picture of my "classroom".

So, Primal Diet is going well so far. I feel pretty good. As I was telling Malia tonight, I don't feel as exhausted as I used to. I feel tired at the end of the day, but not so worn out and worn down. Eating better and sleeping more seems to be increasing my energy, as well as decreasing the pounds.

There are 10 Laws, which you can find at Definitive Guide: The Primal Blueprint, that help you focus on making good choices. The first is to eat lots of animals, insects, and plants. I've got the first down pat. I love meat about the same amount that I love carbs. Even though the plan says you can eat any kind of meat, I tend to stick to lean proteins like chicken and turkey, with a little beef, pork, and lamb every once in awhile. The plan recommends organic, free range, hormone free meat. I do my best, but dang that stuff is expensive! Organic whole chickens cost a lot more than Foster Farms! I'd like to find a local provider for some good quality beef and lamb next fall. Not sure I could raise chickens for meat. Eggs, yes, but meat? That would be tough. Any ideas, local friends?

Insects are the next thing on the list. I think I will pass on that except for the ones I ingest accidentally or those that are allowed to be in our food by the Government.

Plants I am getting better at. Still having a hard time expanding the palate for those. I grew up eating carrots, green beans, peas, corn, and potatoes as my main vegetables, and 2 of those aren't even veggies! Tomatoes are okay, but not whole. They need to be cooked and therefore unrecognizable to be palatable.

I am doing a better job this time around than in the past with adding more veggies to my diet. I think I need to add almond butter and celery to the mix tomorrow. Not getting enough fat with my snacks just eating veggies. I am avoiding fruit for now because of the sugar.

Water consumption is not a problem. Getting rid of the water can be challenging, since I am not able to leave the classroom until lunch time. 24 oz is usually the best I can do before it becomes a problem! TMI? Probably.

No comments: