Friday, February 8, 2013

Just the two of us...

Happy Friday! Hope everyone had a good week. Mine was petty darn good. Cold is mostly gone, and my energy level is fairly high. Though after the dinner I just ate, I can feel a food coma coming on.

Weight down another 1/2 pound to 246.4. I can definitely tell the difference in my clothes. Pants are looser and I had to poke a hole in my belt to get it to keep my pants up! So a new belt was ordered.

Breakfast was the same old thing, 2 eggs over easy, 3 slices of Canadian Bacon fried in a tsp of coconut oil today, along with my cup of coffee with Stevia in the Raw, and the first of 12 cups of water.

Big test today as someone brought in a white chocolate raspberry Bundt cake. I stayed strong and didn't have any! Woot for me!

Snack today was some spiced almonds. Very tasty. More water helped to wash it down.

Lunch was leftover stir fry from last night. Another big old glass of water with lunch and I was ready to face the rest of my day.

Afternoon snack was the rest of the veggies from the stir fry, which was good because I had gone through the nuts and forgotten to bring anything else!

Dinner was...No...this requires some mood lighting.

I stopped at the store to pick up some steak for Malia and me since the boys were having pizza.

The selection at the normal grocery store was a bit lacking. and I needed to check Whole Foods for some other things anyway, so I decided to to look at the steaks there. Not a great variety, but found some bone in rib eyes that looked incredible. And they were grass fed, hormone free, etc. They were also expensive, but oh my was it worth every penny.

Came home and got the grill on the stove started and got it smokin' hot. While that was heating up, I seasoned the steaks with fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt. My mouth is watering again just thinking about it.

Steaks on the grill and then mushrooms and onions caramelizing in a pan. Pulled the steaks off after about 10 minutes. And let them rest on the plate. Mushrooms and onions right on top, and a bowl of salad, and it was then time to eat. With the first bite I knew I had done a good job.

You know that sound you make when you take the first bite of something really good? Yeah, that sound. Malia makes that when she gets crab legs. For me? A good steak. Malia looked at me and asked if I needed to be alone with my steak. Apparently the look of bliss on my face matched the taste.

I actually left a little for tomorrow. So good.

Another square of dark chocolate, and I'm good for the day.

Weekend ahead and some housework to do. Cleaning up the garage and the comic book room so I can get the weight bench set up correctly.

Dinner tomorrow should be good as well. Tune in tomorrow for the run down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

darn...now I want steak...:)

Chad said...

Ha! It was really good. Finished it off for breakfast today. 1 minute in the microwave and it was warm enough to eat. Just as good today as yesterday! Thanks for reading.

Anonymous said...

I am se the Clean Eating Cookbooks. Pretty good recipes in there.

Chad said...

I'll check that out. Thanks for the tip!