Thursday, February 14, 2013

...the very best I can...

Happy Thursday!

Quick food run down after the weigh in today, and then a bit of a story.

Weight was 243 this morning. I have a feeling it's going to be a bit bumpy and the dramatic weight loss is over. The pound or two a day just wasn't going to keep happening, as nice as it seemed.

Breakfast: 2 eggs over easy fried in 1 pat of butter
                3 slices Canadian Bacon
                1 cup Coffee with 1 packet of Stevia in the Raw

Morning Snack: 10 Cashews
                        10 Macadamias
                         4 Mini Orange Bell Peppers
                        12 Green Beans

Lunch: 2 Cups of Salad
           1 tsp Lemon Fused Olive Oil
           1 tsp Black Currant Balsamic Vinegar

Afternoon Snack: 2 Mini Orange Bell Peppers
                            3 Cashews
                            2 Macadamias

Dinner: Crispy Carnitas
            2 Cups of Salad
            1 tbs Salsa
            1 Square Black and Green 85% Cacao bar

Water: 80 oz

Exercise: 25 minutes moderate pace on Stationary Bike

So, that was my day. Today was another day of not giving in to temptation. Today's temptations?

One box of Redvines, 1 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Nugget, a bag of assorted candy, a bag of Valentine's Candy Corn, a tin of Dove Chocolate, a Fruit flavored Sucker, and 6 homemade M & M Cookies.

Sigh...Brought them home for the boys without eating any of it. I don't even let myself have a little. I'm kind of addicted. I know if I have even one bit, my body will take over and before you know it, there will be nothing but those wrappers left. So, I do the very best I can, every day.

Speaking of which, had a good day at work. Honestly, most people would not want to work in the situation I do. I teach in the large room in the middle of the building. Four hallways lead into my classroom, and every 15 minutes a class is going somewhere. Most teachers are really good about going through quickly and quietly. Doesn't always happen, but my kids are pretty much immune to it. 

But not today! Valentine's parties, dress up days, food, flowers, talking, laughing, etc. The topper though was the PTA (I think) blowing up helium balloons. They were loud. Their children were loud. The popping balloons were loud. There was no way I was going to be able to teach over that.

Luckily, the kids were really focused on their projects and were working in small groups, so really, all I had to do was ride herd. It was not a bad day. 

The best part was I had 4-5 people say how amazing/patient/flexible/awesome, etc... I am. Apologies from everyone for the chaos. Honestly, I'm flattered. I am not all that patient, but it's my situation. I can't change it, so why get upset about it? Roll with it. Adjust. Find ways to make it work. 

I love my job. I love what I do, and what I do is...the very best I can.


No comments: