Sunday, February 10, 2013

One Week

Late post tonight! Sunday night is WoW night with our friends in Seattle, so we were playing with them. Usually play until 10, but Malia's not feeling good so we called it early. Gives me time to do the blog before it gets too late. So, on with the show!

Reading on the scale this morning was 243.2. Just about 11 pounds for the week. I'll take it. Next major attack on the diet will be in 2 weeks when we have the Blue and Gold Banquet. Pizza, wings, breadsticks, and salad. Going to try to just do the salad and see how it goes. Eyes on the prize!

Breakfast today was two fried eggs and a Sweet Potato and Sausage Hash. It's really good, though if I make it again, I think I'll use olive oil. The coconut flavor is a bit strong. It called for cinnamon, but I am not a big fan of cinnamon and meat, so I skipped it. Big ol' glass of water to go along with it.

Snacks for the day were some spiced almonds, macadamias, green beans, and some turkey breast slices. Heavier on the green beans today than yesterday, so that's a good thing.

Lunch was a big ol' salad with the rest of the bison tri-tip and more water. No dressing as the meat was still super moist and tender.

Dinner was a really good soup, based off of this recipe. I didn't follow it exactly, so I imagine it would have been even better if I had. I just didn't have enough time to do it correctly. It was a minestrone like soup with chicken, carrots, cabbage, and kale. I should have added some onion and celery, but didn't think about it until later. It was darn tasty the way it came out though, and we've got enough for leftovers for the next few days, so that's good. Less salad, more soup! I imagine I can take a little salad instead of the big salad I have been eating. Gotta say, a hot meal in the middle of the day will be nice. Had another big glass of water, and a square of the Lindt 90% Cacao. Down to only two pieces left of that. Trying the Black and Green Organic 85% bar next. It is the sweetest one I picked up, coming in at 8 g of sugar, so much sweeter than the 4 g that I am enjoying now.

The rest of the day was a laid back affair. Watched some TV, did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, went to a pack planning meeting, and played some WoW. Pretty quiet day.

Primal Law #5: Get lots of sleep. I've been trying to get to bed by 10 PM each night. Most nights I've made it. Might be a bit late tonight, but overall feeling pretty good about that as well. I know if I don't get enough sleep my body craves food to keep it going, and before I would dive into a bowl of something not good for me, usually an old standby of pepperoni, pasta sauce, and a handful of mozzarella, heated it the microwave. A crustless pizza, but still, lots of dairy and artificial food. I'll talk more about artificial food when I do law #9.

Ok, so, 1 week down, 7 days in a row of blogging about my experience and 7 days of eating better. Grok may not have kept a blog, but this public food diary is a good thing for me. It keeps me honest.

New blog title theme for next week. This week's theme was song titles.

Brand New Day and A Man's Gotta Do from Doctor Horrible's Sing Along Blog
Barefootin' by Robert Parker
The Waiting (is the Hardest Part) by Tom Petty
Dinero by Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers
Just the Two of us by Bill Withers
Great White Buffalo by Ted Nugent
One Week by the Barenaked Ladies

See ya!

No comments: