Monday, February 11, 2013

If this is coffee, then please-bring me some tea.

Monday! Yay! Monday! 1 full week on the "diet" and still going strong. Feeling pretty good now that I am a week in.

Weigh in was a bit...eh...this morning. I went down to 242.8, but not sure about that. I am expecting a rebound tomorrow. Just a gut feeling, if you will. Sunday was a relatively sedentary day with not a lot of veggies, so that is probably why I didn't lose much. I was blaming the Sweet Potato and Sausage Hash, but the lazy day was probably why. Either way, tomorrow will be my first test of will when I have gained weight after being really good. Plus, I am at my junk food school tomorrow, so going to need to an extra dose of will power! Wish me luck!

Breakfast was scrambled eggs and the Sweet Potato and Sausage Hash. I'll try the hash again tomorrow to see what happens on Wednesday. A good scientist always leaves something constant to check out a hypothesis. If my weight doesn't change that much, I will dump the one thing I know was added and I stopped losing weight. A cup of coffee today after none yesterday. I am not addicted to it, and with the Keurig, I make pretty weak coffee and add a packet of Stevia in the Raw to it, so it's not strong at all. Might need to mix it up a bit and brew a smaller cup of stronger coffee. 8 oz of water with breakfast, as well as another 24 oz of water before lunch.

Lunch was a bowl of the Primal "Minestrone" from last night. It was just as good today as it was yesterday, and maybe a little better! Another 24 oz of water with this meal made for a lot of liquid in the afternoon with a long time between pit stops! That last student couldn't leave the class fast enough!

Snacks today were a bunch of green beans, 10 cashews, and a small piece of turkey.

Dinner was an ok Leg of Lamb dish. I put it in the crockpot and let it cook for about 8 hours.Personally, I think it got too mushy. There was a distinct lack of texture to it. Along with the lamb were some veggies (carrots, celery, onions, and green beans) served on top of the big ol' salad, and a big glass of water. After dinner was the usual dark chocolate. Can't believe one candy bar has lasted this long! Down to the last 2 squares.

Weight bench is calling my name tonight after I finish school work with the oldest boy. Taking a bit longer because we are insisting he do it correctly not, not just get it done. He's bucking that a little bit, but it's for the best. It's not a matter of getting the work done, it's learning.

Think I am losing my mind, because I had a thought about what to write, turned to answer the boy's question, and forgot what I was thinking.

Primal Law #6 for those playing along at home is:  Play. This is something I need to make time for. I am so busy between work and home, that I don't take much time for active play. I do a lot of gaming both online and table, but not enough playing outside. I have a dog who doesn't know how to play fetch. Maybe that should be my next goal, teach the dog to fetch! That will get me outside playing with the dog who likes running and being smart and stuff. If I have less weight to lug around, I might even like running. Once the weather gets better, I can try to get the boys outside to throw around the baseball again. They could use the eye hand coordination and catching and throwing skills.

That's it for today. Take care all!

No comments: