Wednesday, February 13, 2013

...stand firm.

Blogging, day...10... heh. Had to count it out. Another late night. Adding that 30 minutes of weight and ab work is tough! Almost didn't make it. Started feeling weird in my lower abs after the first set of warm up exercises and almost stopped. Got up, walked around, got a drink, sat down again, did some light stretching and the pain subsided. Think I just pulled something that didn't like being pulled!

Anyway, food for the day!

Breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs, 2/3 a cup of sausage, and water. I made two cups of coffee with 2 different batches of my homemade creamer, but all it did was make the coffee watery and taste funny. Skipping that and sticking with the Stevia in the Raw and maybe eventually some heavy cream once I start adding dairy back in.

A friend asked about the hash I had made, so I wanted to give out that recipe. It's pretty easy to make. It comes from the Everyday Paleo cookbook and it is called Karina's Sausage Hash.

3 medium Sweet Potatoes (though it looks like they actually used yams)
1 pound ground pork breakfast sausage
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 tablespoon of cinnamon (I didn't use, because I hate cinnamon with meat)
Sea Salt and Black pepper to taste

1) Peel and grate the sweet potatoes while the sausage browns in a large skillet on medium heat
2) Add the coconut oil and the grated sweet potato and cook until the potatoes are soft (7-10 minutes)
3) Add the spices, mix well and serve

It's not a bad recipe, but if you want something not as sweet, you could use extra-virgin olive oil instead of coconut oil.

Got to school to find out I was invited to the Friendship Luncheon put on by two of the teachers for their classes instead of a Valentine's party. Good idea. I accepted, only to find out the meal consisted of garlic bread, various pasta dishes, and just about every dessert under the Sun. You can imagine my predicament. I kindly explained to them both my situation, and they understood. To make matters worse, the luncheon was happening right outside my teaching space, so I could smell it all morning! GAH!!! I'm surprised I didn't eat through my morning snack and then some. I did eat a couple green beans and drank a bunch of water.

During the luncheon, I mingled with the parents and students. I ended up talking to one of the parents who has also adopted a Primal/Paleo diet. We had a really nice discussion, while I ate my lunch of standard big ol' salad and some of the leftover lamb with them. It was nice to meet someone out in the wild who understands and is going through the same experience as I am. The other upside, was it kept me concentrating on the goal, so I didn't want to eat the carbs! Woot!

Got home and had a dozen macadamias and two dozen cashews.

Dinner was Chicken with Mushroom Basil Cream Sauce and another big ol' salad. The chicken was good. The sauce was not creamy and I am not a big fan of mushrooms unless they are on pizza (um...) or sauteed with onions and butter. So, this one won't be a keeper. Last square of the 90% is gone. Next up the 85% Black and Green Organic.

Drank about 10 cups of water today, not including the one that a student dumped all over the floor. He wasn't paying attention and threw his notebook on the table right where my water bottle was. He ran out and got paper towels, so good on him! 

Worked out again tonight. Did the Wednesday routine of the Traditional Abs Circuit Training. Starts off with stretching and all that good stuff. Then it's some ab work exercises, crunches, back extensions, leg lifts, etc. Then it's on to the weights. Various lifting of bars behind my back, over my head, to my chin, with my legs, etc. I am not in great shape and not using a lot of weight, but I think breaking a sweat qualifies as a workout.

Primal Law #8: Avoid trauma. Don't do stupid things. I always wear my seat belt. I don't take unnecessary risks. I'm usually pretty smart about things. I do drive a little too fast on occasion, but I try not to drive like an idiot.

Ok, that's it for today! Hope your Wednesday was as awesome as mine!

No comments: