Tuesday, February 12, 2013

...one day at a time

Ah ha! As I predicted yesterday, my weight bounced back up 1 lb. Today I weighed 243.8. Not a surprise obviously, but a bit discouraging. I knew the weight was going to fluctuate, but it's never good to see it go up. That's why I am taking this one day at a time. Can't worry about the past, so we move forward!

Today was a good day, food-wise. Breakfast was eggs and another serving of the hash along with a cup of coffee and a cup of water. Making sure to keep hydrated. So far I have done a good job drinking my water. I drink filtered tap water. No bottled water for me. Most times I even drink straight tap water! I know, shocking! We have pretty good water here in Reno, so it doesn't bother me. I use a big 24 oz cup with a lid that I wash every day so I am not adding additional waste in the form of plastic bottles.

No food in the lounge today, so I didn't have to fight that off. I had green beans and bell peppers for my snack as well as a 24 oz cup of water.

Lunch was more of the "Minestrone" soup and a salad with some turkey breast. Pretty good lunch and it did the job of keeping me full throughout the afternoon. I didn't even bother with a snack until around 4:30, and even then it was only 10 cashews.

Dinner was 2 hamburger patties over a big ol' salad with yellow mustard as the dressing. Simple, easy, but very satisfying. Followed up with a 90% square. 1 more to go. More water to drink.

I've been drinking my coffee with just a stevia packet, but I miss my flavored creamers, so I looked online and found a couple recipes. I messed one up so I think I will make it again tomorrow and give it a try. Here is the link. I made the Almond Joy one, but forgot to shake the coconut milk can up first, so I ended up stirring it and it just didn't get the right consistency.

Took a 15 minute stationary bike ride tonight. Last night I started my abs/weight routine. I went back to my old Abs Diet: Get Fit, Stay Fit Plan book. It's a good book on weight training and core strengthening. Lots of good exercises and it has a weekly routine that I like. Monday, Wednesday, Friday are weight training and ab workout. Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday are light cardio work like riding a stationary bike. I need to build up my time on the bike to 30 minutes, but I do a lot of walking everyday, so for now, the 15 minutes is ok. I like this book because it tells you exactly what to do in each exercise and it has options for the home "gym" as well as the Gym. The one thing I don't like is the home "gym" alternates are all done by a woman and not a man. Seems a bit sexist that they don't alternate between the two models, but I understand that they want to remain consistent so as not to confuse people.

Primal Blueprint Law #7: Get some sunlight everyday. Boy, did I feel that today. I was dragging today. I didn't sleep well last night and woke up earlier than I wanted too, then had a hard time going. I was shuffling my body around the classroom for most of the morning. I let the kids go out for recess and just kind of sat in a chair for about 10 minutes, just sitting. Right before the bell rang, I got up and went outside to wait for them. I felt that warm sunshine on my face, and I just stretched out my arms and raised my face to the Sun and soaked it in for a minute. It was an amazing feeling. I felt refreshed. I had energy. I felt like myself again! It was weird, as I had never had that strong of a connection to sunlight before. Usually, I shun the sun. But today, it was an amazing sensation. After about 5 minutes out of the sun, I was dragging again. Maybe it was boredom, but wow. Going to go read for awhile under the solar lamp!

Hope you had a great day and another good one tomorrow!

No comments: