Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Well, now...

We interrupt the silence with the following thoughts.

So, yeah. Blogging isn't hard, it just takes a few things.

1) Time
2) Commitment
3) Desire
4) Interesting Topic/Topics

Let's take a look at that list in order, shall we?

1) Time. I usually have plenty of time. After dinner and the evening chores are over with, there is not a lot on my plate usually. The last week was no exception. I had plenty of time to write, so that's not what kept me from writing.

2) Commitment. Even though my blog gets under 30 hits a day on a good day, I have been committed since February to writing something almost everyday, so my commitment to the blog is not based on readership, it's based on...

3) Desire. I enjoy writing normally. As Malia pointed out to me, just because I don't have a ton of people reading my posts, the goal was to write something and put it out there to keep myself honest about my daily life and struggle to lose weight. Which leads to...

4) Interesting Topic/Topics. My personal struggle with food and weight loss may be interesting to some, but not all, of my readers. My personal entertainment preferences may be interesting to others, but again, not all of my readers. I've tried to balance things out, but honestly, I'm just not that deep of a person. I have my interests, but there aren't many layers to this onion.

So, when I put out a call for what I should write about, the subject of Star Trek came up. Now, I'm not a Star Trek fan. I like some aspects of Star Trek, but it's never really been my cup of tea. When it comes to the shows, my favorite was Deep Space Nine. Best captain? Sisko. I liked the first movie by J.J. "More Lens Flare!" Abrams, but haven't seen the second one yet since I rarely get to the theater.

So, as I planned out my Star Trek blog entries, I went in with high expectations and failed to meet them. Hopefully my legion of readers aren't too upset. Really don't have much else to say on that topic. (Sorry, Matt!)

Between last post and this one I have found a new Internet distraction; John Green. If you aren't familiar with John Green and his brother Hank, here are a few places you can find them.

Nerdfighters
Mental Floss
Vlogbrothers
Crash Course

Big fan of these guys. You should check them out, as they are both Nerdy and Cool.

Being stressed about the end of the school year does not lead to the best eating habits, so I have maintained my 223-224 lbs for the past week. I figure once vacation starts, I will be in better shape. We'll see.

Anyone, thanks for reading! Take care!


No comments: