Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Some Days the Dragon Wins

A long time ago a lady I worked with named Kelly saw I was down in the dumps and gave me a picture that said "Some days, the Dragon Wins" and had a picture of a knight trudging off, looking burnt and dejected. That's pretty much how I've felt for awhile now, as I posted this morning.

This picture is a bit more modern version of the one Kelly gave me, but it still fits:


However, I modified that drawing and added the words, "...but not today!" It was my way of fighting the dragon back. The dragon became a metaphor for all the problems in my life, and I still use it from time to time almost 20 years later.

Why am I talking about this now? Eh...today the Dragon and I tied. We both walked away from the day a bit roughed up, but neither getting a distinct advantage. Still feeling all the same things I was feeling this morning, but work went fairly well and I feel I got a lot accomplished with my morning group. We hung up 2 bird houses and 15 pine cone bird feeders. The afternoon group? Well, lets just say of the 24 kids I have in that group, I started with 3 for the first hour and ended up with about 10 before recess time. We planted about half a dozen flowers for the school today. 

The service project portion of this unit went well. The academic portion, less so. It was hard to squeeze it all in and still get the projects done, so I had to sacrifice some of the academics. Next year's curriculum should be better organized and I will get the best of both worlds.

Picked up some more olive oil and balsamic vinegar from my favorite Olive Oil place. Today was Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil and Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar. 

Today I got my first pair of Vibram Fivefingers shoes. Malia got them for me for my birthday, but I gave her the wrong size so we had to return them. The new ones came today.

Gotta say, they are kind of weird. The whole separating the toes thing feels strange. I really like being barefoot, but hate stepping on sharp, pointy things! We shall see how it goes. Should be good once I get used to them.

Food Diary for Tuesday the 14th of May

Breakfast: Sweet Potato, Canadian Bacon, and Egg Scramble w/Dubliner Cheese
                12.5 oz of Coffee with Kal Stevia Sweetener

AM Snack: Nothing
                 
Lunch: 2 US Wellness Garlic Beef Hot Dogs
           Big Ol' Salad w/ Yellow Mustard
           3 Mint Hershey's Kisses

PM Snack: 15 slices of Pepperoni
                   1.5 oz of Dubliner Cheese

Dinner:  Sweet and Sour Roasted Chicken (Primal Cravings Cookbook)
             Big Ol' Salad
            12.5 oz of Coffee with Kal Stevia Sweetener and Trader Joe's Organic Heavy Cream

Water: About 60 oz

Sleep: about 6 hours of sleep

Exercise: Normal walking around
               Light Gardening



That's all for today! Don't forget to be awesome!

No comments: