Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Chores

Hey all, hope you've had a great day. Mine was a bit busier than I thought it would be.

First off, I just want to say that I love my Tuesday school. They are truly a delightful group of teachers, administrators, support staff, parents, students, you name it. My one complaint is that they have too much food around on Tuesdays! Every Tuesday is their big meeting day and someone always brings snacks. Those snacks end up in my teaching space, the Teachers' Lounge.

Today's treats was Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. Oh my. I tried. I really tried. I ignored it for about 30 minutes, but then half a slice became a whole slice, which then became two slices. Then there was the bowl of Hershey's Kisses and the Reese's Peanut Butter things.

Sigh...needless to say, today was not a great day for eating. Oh, and no sixth graders again today. That's four weeks in a row I haven't seen that group. Two were my fault, but the other two were for a field trip and then testing. Maybe I will get to say goodbye to them next week!

Oh well! We got a dozen more plants in the ground and another birdhouse in the tree. Overall, I am pretty happy with what we have been able to do at the 4 schools. I know it wasn't much at some of them, but I had several compliments about how nice things look. Apparently, I have created a monster that I will need to take care of every year!

Got home and decided after the dog had escaped from the backyard again, that it was time to fix the gates. Both the gate to the dog run and the yard were broken, so first I tore apart the gate to the fence and rebuilt it. Honestly, I should have gotten new wood and redone it, but for what it is, it looks okay. The gate to the dog run just needed to be adjusted and put together correctly. Both jobs together took about 3 hours to complete.

I have neglected the lawn as well, so I decided I better mow it before the HOA complains. So, at about 8:40, I started mowing. I was done by 9:00, but I have no idea how it looks since by the time I was done, it was too dark to see. Luckily, I didn't find any rocks in the yard!

After that, I got tomorrow nights dinner ready to put in the crockpot tomorrow morning and cleaned the kitchen. Not much time to sit down tonight. Didn't get any of oldest boy's schoolwork checked in, but he only has 7 more assignments to do before the end of the year, so I am not too concerned about it!

With that, I'll bring up the topic of my next few nights blog posts as suggested by my friend, Matt: Star Trek. First off, I have to say I am not a Trekkie. I enjoy many things about Star Trek, but it is not my go to Sci-Fi show. I thought Babylon 5 was a much better show than any Star Trek series, with maybe the exception for Deep Space 9.

Anyway, I will share my opinions of the shows and movies in the following manner:

Wednesday: Star Trek, The Original Series
Thursday: Star Trek, The Original Series Movies
Friday: Star Trek, The Next Generation Series
Saturday: Star Trek, The Next Generation Movies
Sunday: Star Trek, Deep Space Nine
Monday: Star Trek, Voyager
Tuesday: Star Trek, Enterprise
Wednesday: Star Trek, J.J. Abrams Universe


Food Diary for Tuesday the 21st of May

Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy, fried in Kerrygold Butter
                 2 slices of Canadian Bacon
                12.5 oz of Coffee with Kal Stevia Sweetener

AM Snack: 2 slices of Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
                  5 Hershey's Kisses
                  2 Reese's Peanut Butter candies
                 
Lunch: Nothing

PM Snack: 2 slices of Canadian Bacon
                  1 oz of Dubliner Cheese
                  
Dinner:  Pastrami Salmon (Salmon in a Pastrami like brine)
             Big Ol' Salad w/Blood Orange and Black Currant Balsamic Vinaigrette

Water: About 60 oz

Sleep: about 6 hours of sleep

Exercise: Normal walking around
               Light Gardening
               Home repair
               Lawn Mowing


Ok, as Judge John Hodgman would say, "That is all!" 

No comments: