Sunday, May 19, 2013

Chicken Run

Short blog post tonight. I'm too tired to post much.

I spent the entire day today either shopping for parts or building the chicken run. As with all projects, it seems that giving a blood sacrifice is important to finishing it. So, this picture shows the largest contribution of blood to the project.


Yeah, it stings.

I had just cut the final link in the chain and realized a split second too late that it was going to spring back at me. Ouch. I have several smaller scratches on other parts of my body. I'm basically scratched from head to toe. 

However, here is the completed chicken run. 


Made entirely of PVC, hardware cloth, and zip ties.

Still need to figure out the best way to get the door working. I think we are going to paint it as well. Plus, I still need to cut off the sharp edges. Otherwise, it's good to go!

Noah and his friend helped snip off the excess on the zip ties, which was a big help, as I was really sore by this point.

We brought the chickens out to run around for a few minutes. They took a bit of time to get moving around, but once they got the hang of it, they were pecking and scratching away. That is when they weren't roosting on Noah's friend!








Weight still hovering in the 222 lb mark, which I am happy with, especially after yesterday.

Food Diary for Sunday, May 19th:

Breakfast: 2 Eggs, Scrambled w/Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash
                12.5 oz of Coffee w/Kal Stevia Sweetener

Lunch: 4 slices of Canadian Bacon w/ 2 oz of Dubliner Cheese
           Small Salad w/Balsamic Vinaigrette

PM Snack: 2 Squares 88% Cacao Bar
                  10 Macadamia Nuts
                  12.5 oz of Coffee w/Kal Stevia Sweetener

Dinner: 2 Hamburgers w/ Dubliner Cheese
           Big Ol' Salad w/ Mustard

Water: About 60 oz

Sleep: About 8 hours

Exercise: Building the chicken run
            
That's it for tonight! Later!


No comments: