Thursday, May 23, 2013

Star Trek TOS

Okay, so I am behind in my blogging on Star Trek already, but that's okay, because honestly, I don't have a whole lot to say about The Original Series.



To be honest I'm not a big fan of the Original Series TV shows. There were a couple decent things about it.

1)Mirror Universe Spock

Seriously. How cool does Spock look here?

2) Khan


Ricardo Montalbán as Khan. Cool episode, and I like how the best Star Trek TOS movie picks up on this thread years later.

3) Tribbles


Who doesn't like Tribbles?

So, really, not a huge fan of the show. It was okay, but honestly, I preferred the Next Generation series over the Original.

Since that was so short, lets hit the movies.

Anyone who knows the Star Trek TOS movies knows the deal with them. 

I like to refer to the first movie as Star Trek, The Motionless Picture. Gah. So bad. The scene with them flying in the shuttle up to the Enterprise? Terrible.

Wrath of Khan? Arguably the best Star Trek movie of all time. 

The Search for Spock? Probably the best of the odd numbered movies.

The Voyage Home was a fun time travel movie. Favorite scene was when Mr. Scott was trying to use a computer. Funny stuff.

The Final Frontier? Worse than The Motionless Picture. Pains me to even write about it.

The Undiscovered Country was okay, and a fitting end to the Original Series movies. I was glad that it went out on a better not than Final Frontier.

Favorite Character from the Original Series? This guy:



Tomorrow, I'll talk about the Next Generation.

So, work is winding down. Most groups I will only see once more, and then it's a week of planning for next year. May be subbing for one of my colleagues on the last day of school, but not sure yet. It would be cool, but I'll see what the boss says.

The gardens are looking nice for the most part. Water was an issue. Too much at some schools; not enough at others. Space was also an issue. The kids were pretty excited by it all though, so that's cool. It didn't go exactly as I wanted it to, but it's almost over so I can't complain.

Weight loss has been at a stand still since I got back from Grizzly Creek Ranch. I've maintained about 222 lbs since returning home.

I decided, without talking to my doctor, to try a little experiment. I went off my cholesterol meds and tried to control it by diet and exercise alone. Well, that apparently failed, as she wants to see me about my blood work that I just had done. Sigh. Now I get to go explain myself. I was really hoping that would work, but apparently not so much. I'm frustrated because I thought for sure I would be successful. Guess not. Dang.

Hopefully, I get my results in the mail by Monday so I can start by new journal. Time to get things back under control and start another 90 day plan. Wish me luck!

No comments: