Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Back on Track

Okay, going to try to get things back under control, so a short blog post so I can go lift weights and get to bed by 10 PM.

Life has been chaotic lately. If you have been following my blog you can tell I haven't been my usual self. Time to take control back. That starts with working out again. In the past, I'd always say that exercising didn't really do much for me and that it was a waste of time. I've gotta say, though, now that I look at my body in the mirror, I am seeing muscles that weren't there before.

I'm not "buff" or "ripped" or "cut" by any definition of the words, but I am seeing some "definition", especially in my biceps. Yesterday in class, I stretched both arms behind my head and one of my students said, "Whoa! Check out Mr. Walter's muscles!" I laughed it off, but later looked in the mirror to see for myself!

So, time to get back at it. I know at this point, there is no way I will be 200 lbs by June 11th. It's unfortunate, but a reality nonetheless. Maybe 215 if I work at it. That's about 8 lbs in the next 4 weeks. Impossible? Maybe, but it's a goal!

Current weight as referenced above is 223. Blargh. But it is what it is. That's still 31 pounds lighter than I was in February and 37 from maximum density last year!

Food Diary for Wednesday the 15th of May

Breakfast: 2 Eggs, fried in bacon grease
                2 slices of Canadian Bacon
                12.5 oz of Coffee with Kal Stevia Sweetener and Organic 1/2 and 1/2

AM Snack: Nothing
                 
Lunch: 2 US Wellness Garlic Beef Hot Dogs
           Big Ol' Salad w/ Yellow Mustard
           1 fun sized Snickers Bar (Grrr! Why do people keep giving me candy?!?! Luckily, I didn't eat the   box of M & M's!)

PM Snack: 10 Macadamia Nuts
                  2 squares of 88% Ghirardelli Cacao Bar

Dinner:  Paleo Fish "Sticks" (Chunks of Tilapia rolled in crushed macadamias and coconut and spices)
             Big Ol' Salad w/ Blood Orange and Pomegranate Vinaigrette 
            12.5 oz of Coffee with Kal Stevia Sweetener and Trader Joe's Organic 1/2 and 1/2

Water: About 70 oz

Sleep: about 6 hours of sleep

Exercise: Normal walking around
               Walking the dog
               Light Gardening
               Abs Diet Wednesday Original Circuit

Night all!

2 comments:

ccm said...

Keep up the great work on your weight. Slow and steady wins the race, and remember, you are doing this for yourself.

Chad said...

Thanks! It's difficult to see things go slowly, but honestly, I feel a lot better now. I can actually run without getting winded and feeling like I am going to collapse. It's a good feeling!