Thursday, April 25, 2013

This too shall pass

Good advice. Good video. Good memories based off of finding this video. Thanks to Marissa for showing this to me 3 years ago!


I'm feeling a bit better today. I get in a dive and can't pull myself out. So I hit bottom and start the climb again. It's frustrating, but not sure what to do about it. I get so overwhelmed sometimes that there is just no light in the tunnel.

Sigh...

I love going to my Thursday and Friday school. There is a really solid group of people there who are genuinely happy to see me every week. Thanks to Krista, Amanda, Jean, Bre, Jenny, Troy, and everyone else who makes me feel welcome! I couldn't make it through the week without knowing all of you are waiting for me!

As you know by now, I've been trying to change my eating habits since February. The last few weeks have been rough, as I keep losing the same few pounds over and over. Of course I've gone off the wagon a few too many times these last few weeks: the Disneyland trip, the camping trip, and the Great Chocolate Chip Croissant Incident of 2013. However, looking back over my diary, I can see a couple other places I have slipped up. I've been eating way more meat than veggies in the past few weeks. I've also almost completely stopped working out. I haven't ridden the bike enough and I have only lifted once or twice in the past month as well. I've added too many nuts, and I think I'm going to switch to coconut oil to fry my eggs in instead of butter. Oh, and I haven't been getting nearly enough sleep!

So, it's time to get back on track. Giving myself a few more days to settle back down, and then hitting the ground running on Monday again. It's my birthday Sunday, so I don't plan on being perfect. Saturday is going to be a tough day as well. Friday I know I will be getting home late after going to the grocery store, so this weekend is going to be shot. That's okay though. Monday will be a good time to re-ignite the fire.

Yesterday I posted that we were looking at getting 1/2 a side of beef from a friend of ours. Looks like that's coming through, so we have a few weeks to get the freezer in order. There is a bunch of stuff in there right now, but we should be able to get all 150 lbs of it in there in a few weeks. Kind of excited. That should last us a good while, costs a fraction of what I was spending at US Wellness (still a great company with great products I plan on buying, especially their hot dogs, jerky, and snack sticks!), and it's local so supporting the local farmer! Woot!

Also getting closer to having chickens. Looks like by the weekend we may have them. That means building a chicken coop over the next few weeks as well. Should be fun...

Found out I will be going on a 3 day trip for work in a few weeks. No control over my food, so I am going to try something out. If this works, it could be interesting. I know I need more veggies, but I think I will be able to only eat the veggies I am served if I bring my own food for the rest of the meal. That's where these little beauties come in:

Primal Pacs are real, unprocessed nuts, jerky, and dried fruit. I figure if I eat these for most of my meals and snacks, along with the fresh veggies and (hopefully) eggs for breakfast, I should be good to go. It's still a few weeks away, so I will update after the experiment. It could be a good thing if I can do this and make it 3 days. Maybe I can make it a week when I go to the Scout Camp in July.

Food Diary for Tuesday the 23rd of April:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, fried in Kerrygold Butter
                2 slices of Canadian Bacon
                10 oz of Coffee with Kal Stevia Sweetener

AM Snack:  1 stick of US Wellness Spicy Beef Jerky
                   15 Sugar Snap Peas
                 
Lunch: 1 US Wellness No Sugar Added Hot Dog
           Salad w/Olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar

PM Snack: 10 Macadamia nuts
                  2 oz of Pepperoni

Dinner:  Lamb Meatballs
             Callaloo soup (Noah made it for a school assignment)

Water: About 80 oz

Sleep: about 4 hours of sleep

Exercise: Normal Walking around
               Light Gardening

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

The good thing about getting off track is that you get to jump back on again! I completely understand your frustration and hate that for some of us it is a daily battle. Why can't I just enjoy eating well and exercising?? So many others seem too....and I do enjoy it, but I think I enjoy sitting on my couch with a good book, a glass of wine and a sweet or salty snack just a tad bit more.

Chad said...

I hate exercising and eating right. I'd rather lose weight while sitting on the couch eating pizza and ice cream! My biggest struggle is vegetables. I just don't like them at all.I force myself to eat them, but it's a chore.