Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Other Side of the Park

The day I post the least is the day I have the highest page view! 83 people checked out my pity party! Hilarious! Another funny thing? I took Tylenol PM about an hour ago, and it's starting to kick in while I am writing this, so hopefully I finish it and it makes sense at the end!

So, I'm going to condense the rest of the park into today's post. Should be fun.

We leave Toontown and head back through Fantasyland to enter Frontierland behind the wildest ride in the wilderness, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I am a big fan of this one, as I am of all the roller coasters in the Disneyland Resort. Sadly, this is closed right now due to an almost year long refurbishment. It's probably a good thing though, so who am I to say? 

The Rivers of America are up next. Fun boat rides of all kinds, including a paddlewheel steamer called The Mark Twain, the sailing ship Columbia, and the ride where you are the power that keeps it moving, the Davy Crockett Canoes. It's a fun work out if you are looking for that!

We'll skip over to New Orleans Square next. Here we find two classics:


The Pirates of the Caribbean.
Another favorite, but then again, what isn't? Love PotC ride. The movies aren't bad as well. The addition of Jack Sparrow a few years ago was a welcome addition that gave a little life to the ride. Some the scenes are only okay, but for the most part, it was a good idea.

Next up is the Haunted Mansion. Another fun ride. I really like the traditional HM, but the Nightmare Before Christmas version is pretty cool!

3 of the 999 Happy Haunts that await your return!

Heading out of New Orleans Square, we find ourselves in Critter Country. Two big rides here:

Splash Mountain.

I love this ride, though the first time I went on it, I did freak out a bit about the drop pictured above, but I've gotten used to it. It's fun, even if most of the people have never seen the movie it is based off of. I would have hoped we would be beyond this, but apparently we aren't ready for this as a society.

Next up is The Many Adventures of Winne the Pooh. A fun, classic dark fide. However, the Country Bear Jamboree used to be on this spot. In order to pay homage to those days, if you look over your shoulder in one of the rooms, you will see the guys below that are the only left overs from the old CBJ. Pretty cool!


Heading out of Critter Country and New Orleans Square, we find ourselves in Adventureland. The first ride is The Indiana Jones Temple of the Forbidden Eye. Mara is a cruel god and it seems like all the times I have gone of this one, I've yet to be awarded my gift.


The best for last? Well, my favorite anyway! The Jungle Cruise is one of the few rides where the operator makes or breaks the ride. A good skipper will have you rolling in the aisles. A bad skipper? They miss the dock and forget to drop you off! 


Someday, I am going to work this ride!

Ok, Tylenol is kicking. Better get moving!

Food Diary for Thursday the 4nd of April:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy
                2 pieces of Canadian Bacon
                20 oz of Coffee w/two scoops of KAL Stevia Extract

AM Snack: 11 green beans
                  1 US Wellness beef stick
                 
Lunch:   Cincinnati Chili

PM Snack: 10 Macadamias
                  1 hard boiled egg

Dinner: 2 Beef Ribs
             Brussels Sprouts
             2 Squares of Lindt 90% Cacao

Water: About 70 oz

Sleep: about 5 hours of sleep

Exercise: Walking
              
Ok, that's it for today! Off to count sheep!







No comments: