Sunday, April 21, 2013

I wanna live

...in a world full of heroes.

Last of the Top 10 lists for the week, and today it's my favorite comic book characters. I expanded from super-heroes, so I could include a couple other types of characters. Once again, my favorites. Most you probably have never heard of.

10) Superman

Superman always seemed a little too powerful, but was such a fun character, it was hard not to like him. I rank him 10th, because he's not the hero I would most want to be.


9) Captain America

Captain America is probably one of the characters who defines what I wish most people would be. Honest, courageous, and someone who puts others above himself. I always liked the Steve Rogers version of Cap best, and, while I enjoyed the Bucky Barnes version, it was nice to have Steve back in the red, white, and blue.

8) The Tick

Speaking of blue, there is the Tick. I really like the Tick. His brand of insanity, mixed with his righteous cause of good makes him someone to be feared and loved at the same time!

7) The Rocketeer


I was super impressed with The Rocketeer when I first came across his comics. They were told in a fun way, and the art deco style of art was really cool. I love the movie that came along by Disney as well. I know it wasn't the best movie of all time, but it's in my top 15.

6) Silver Surfer


I always liked the Silver Surfer. He seemed so smart and powerful at the same time. This was a guy you didn't want to mess with. He has a simple yet cool look. All silver and ripped! Plus he surfed. In space! How cool is that?

5) Grendel

Hunter Rose is what Batman would be without a strong moral compass. I liked Hunter and wished there had been more stories featuring him. Maybe someday I will go back and look for some of the older issues I never got.

4) Groo


The reason I had to switch from super-heroes, to just comic book characters. Groo. The inept barbarian who always seemed to make things turn out ok for himself in the end. I have just about every issue of every Groo series. I got to meet Sergio once. Very nice man. Sold me a a great piece of art for a fraction of what it was probably worth. It's so cool!

3) Nexus


Nexus. Interstellar assassin. Most powerful man in his universe. Another tragic hero. I thought Baron and Rude told some really good stories featuring Nexus. There was more than just heroism to this guy. His stories was deep and I enjoyed reading them.

2) The Badger


Heh. The Badger. I loved this guy! He was insane. Master at martial arts, could talk to animals, was a bodyguard for a druid. Oh yeah, and had multiple personalities. Most of the time he was played for laughs, but Mike Baron told some really interesting stories with this character. I really enjoyed this series.

1) Batman

And of course, the Batman. My all time favorite since I can remember. I really think he is the best super-hero ever. A normal man, who stands up against the strongest opponents, and usually walks away the winner. His story is legendary, as is his look. Any character I play in a role playing game always has some element of Bruce to him. Best. Hero. Ever.

Today was a crazy day. Glad it's over. LOTS of shopping, but it's good to have food in the house again!

Speaking of food, weight was at 227 today. So, back to the pre-Disneyland weight. We shall see how long it takes to get to 220. Hopefully in two weeks!

Food Diary for Sunday the 21st of April:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, fried in Kerrygold Butter
                2 Beef Breakfast Sliders
                10 oz of Coffee with Kal Stevia Sweetener

AM Snack: Nothing
                 
Lunch:  Bowl of Beef Soup
            Bacon Meatloaf

PM Snack: 3 pieces of Chocolate Macadamia Bark

Dinner:  "Quinoa" Pasta Spaghetti (The first ingredient on the box is Corn Flour. GRRR. Tasted a bit like Corn flakes, but it was sooo good to eat pasta!)
             Big ol Salad with Balsamic and Olive Oil
             10 Macadamia Nuts

Water: About 80 oz

Sleep: about 6 hours of sleep

Exercise: Normal Walking around

That's it for Sunday! Hope you had a great day!



No comments: