Monday, April 22, 2013

Goal Picture

Welcome back! So, I did a (basically) week's worth of Top 10 lists. I've got a few more of those up my sleeves for a later date (Disney movies, cartoons, actors, actresses). I'll break those out in a month of so, I guess.

I'm sure you've all heard the idea that it takes 21 days for a habit to form and to break old habits. I'd just like to say that it's a bunch of phooey. Besides anecdotal evidence (I still crave sweets everyday, I have to push myself to exercise and get to bed early), there is this link which says the same thing. There is no clinical evidence to prove it, mostly empirical evidence. It's a matter of creating a new pattern and trying to avoid the old one. I struggle everyday. I try not to turn this blog into a whine fest about it, but dang it, it's hard! So, I keep soldiering on, trying to avoid temptation and have the goal in mind. I'd like to look like this by the time I get to Hawaii:


Not likely.

However, it would be nicer to be close to that!

So, since it's been awhile, I decided it was time to post the 90 day weight scale. Still trending downward. A couple upward blips. The biggest was over the Spring Break trip to Disneyland, but that was to be expected. I am back to the weight I was before I left, so that's a good thing. Now it's time to get into those low 220s!


Today's weigh in was back up at 228 lbs. Would love to be below 225, but don't see it happening this week. I still feel better than I did when I was 260, don't get me wrong, I'd just like to drop down to the weight my drivers license says I am!

Anyway...didn't sleep well last night. Worried about a lot of things. Can't control most of them, so it's just one of those things. 

3 big events later this week. Friday Marc goes on his first Boy Scout camp out, Saturday is the 6th anniversary of Dad's passing, and Sunday is my 43rd birthday. Feels weird.

Food Diary for Monday the 22nd of April:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, fried in Kerrygold Butter
                2 slices of Canadian Bacon
                10 oz of Coffee with Kal Stevia Sweetener

AM Snack: 2 stick of US Wellness Spicy Beef Jerky
                   12 Green Beans
                 
Lunch:  "Quinoa" Pasta Spaghetti

PM Snack: 3 pieces of Chocolate Macadamia Bark
                  3 oz of Pepperoni
                  2 Slices of Canadian Bacon

Dinner:  Paleo Frittata (Eggs, sweet potato, zucchini, Canadian bacon

Water: About 80 oz

Sleep: about 4 hours of sleep

Exercise: Walked the dog


No comments: