Friday, April 12, 2013

Things I Learned

A quick blog post about things I learned this week.

1) After not drinking soda for over two months, I can officially say I don't ever want to drink it again. I tried a sip of Marc's on Thursday and had my own on Friday. Blech. I had two sips of mine and it sat before I threw it out.

2) I don't miss bread. It's okay, I guess. Had some with dinner at Blue Bayou, a hot dog bun at lunch, and a hamburger bun with dinner. I wish I had just done without it.

3) Chocolate is still my master. I have a hard time passing it up. Had it like 5 times this week, and it still owns me. Going super dark helps the urge, but it's my addiction.

4) Potatoes are still good. Baked, fried, mashed, boiled, julienned, you name it, still good. Had those 4 times this week, and I enjoyed them every

5) I missed my Paleo diet. My morning eggs over easy with Canadian bacon is something I enjoy. I even missed my salads with protein and balsamic vinaigrette. I can't wait to go shopping tomorrow and restock on old favorites.

6) You can get Disney overload. I don't mean short term like "Okay, we've been in the park all day and I'm ready to go back to the hotel," overload. I mean, "Okay, I'm ready to go home now," overload. I hit that feeling Thursday afternoon. I was done. I think 3 years in a row was too much. I still had a good time, but I was ready to be home this time, instead of trying to figure out how to stay for just "one more day."

7) If you see something you want, don't wait until it's too late. Missed two shirts I wanted, because I thought they would be available at other stores. Wasn't able to get back in to get them.

8) Tipping housecleaning. Who knew?

9) My cat missed me. Lots of kisses from him.

10) No matter how many times you ride Star Tours, you are still not likely to be picked as the Rebel spy. Poor Marc.

Real blog post in the morning (Saturday)!


No comments: