Sunday, April 21, 2013

Shall we Play a Game?

Well, I survived the overnight camping trip, and if I'm being honest I had a good time. I earned my Scoutmaster training so I can take the boys to summer camp this year. I met some nice people. I got to cook a large amount of tater tots, bacon, eggs, and cheese in a dutch oven. I haven't eaten that many potatoes in months. Holy cow it was good though!

So, today's top 10 list is Games. I wasn't very specific about what kind of games though, so even as I write this, I am having a hard time deciding which type of games to talk about. SO...It's a double Top 10 List! First up is Video Games, followed by Pen and Pencil and Tabletop Games! But since I'm lazy today? No descriptions, just lists and pictures!

I've been playing video games for as long as I can remember. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it is what it is. Not much going on in the way of video games these days. I'm trying to find a new favorite, but so far it's been a bust. Oh well. Probably not a bad thing!
10) Tetris

9) Tomb Raider
8) Plants vs Zombies

7) River Raid

6) Pitfall

5) Justice League Heroes

4) The Longest Journey

3) Portal

2) World of Warcraft

1) City of Heroes

Tabletop games have been a part of my life for a long time, but it's not until two events came along that got me back in to them. My friend, Tim, invited me to come play games with him and some friends, and Wil Wheaton's YouTube show, Tabletop. I really like this show, the games, the host, the guests, you name it. It's a fun way to get introduced to tabletop games. Many of the games on the list below are because of this show. Thanks, Wil!

10) Incan Gold

9) BS! (aka I Doubt It)

8) Chess

7) Castle Panic

6) Ascending Empires
5) Tsuro

4) Small World

3) Dungeons and Dragons

2) DC Heroes

1) Groo Card Game

There ya go!  A two-fer on a Sunday morning. Tonight I will do my last Top 10 for the week, Super-Heroes and a full weight and eating run down.

See you soon!

No comments: