Thursday, May 20, 2010

Some days...

Today was a fun day! Had two girls start a fight right as I was trying to keep them from fighting. Felt bad for one girl who got a big goose egg on her head. I could have done things differently like try to get backup, but by the time anyone else would have gotten there, the fight would have broken out and there would have been chaos. As it was, no big crowds gathered around and I felt I handled the situation as best I could.

Then I had another student get suspended for dropping the "F-Bomb" in my class about 5 times. Oddly enough he and one of the girls from the fight are dating! True love means getting suspended together I guess.

Some people just shake their heads when they hear things like that and thank God they are not an administrator, but not me. I want to do that job even more on these kinds of days. Not because I like it when kids get in trouble, but because I get to do something different. Being in the classroom is fun, but the real challenge in education for me is when I get to do the admin stuff!

1 comment:

John said...

Chad "The Hammer" Walter