Saturday, May 15, 2010

NeverAgainBlog

Earlier in the year my Leadership partner thought it would be a great idea to have the kids do a sleepover at the school.

Well, last night was the night. It was actually a very fun evening with lots of games, food, fun activities, food, movies, food, and little to no actual sleep.

By 3:30 in the morning, I had 4 of the 6 boys asleep in one part of the building. Sadly, my partner was not so lucky. She had girls up all the way until 5 or so. The plan was to get up at 7 to start making pancakes. I of course was up at 6 since my body will not allow me to sleep any later, no matter how much sleep I get.

The best part of the evening was the scavenger hunt. We ran them ragged for about 20 minutes going up and down the stairs. Sadly, they had to pull out their phones to Google what "Old Glory" meant.

Well, actually, the best part was them all leaving and letting me go home so I could take a nap...eventually.

Would I do it again? Eh...it wasn't the worst thing I've ever done, but since it looks like I am not teaching Leadership next year I guess it is Never Again.

2 comments:

sbconnect said...

Reminds me of Clear Creek...

Chad said...

Ah...good times!
I still have some of the pictures and the books from those trips. That was a fun field trip. We couldn't go for the same length of time, but I did take my students there my second year of teaching. It was fun, but not the same.