Sunday, May 2, 2010

FreshCoffeeBlog

Not much beats a fresh cup of coffee. Thanks to the Wongs and the Thaxtons, I get to make one at home anytime I want.

Last night Malia threw a surprise 40th Birthday Party for me. I thought maybe something was going on, but wasn't sure. So I was a bit surprised when I walked into fix the leaking faucet and found a bunch of friends waiting for me.

Great food, great fun, and great presents. Including coffee, a coffee grinder, a reusable coffee cup, and a French Press. Also got 2 ties, some chocolate, a book (6 point font? Really?),a gift card, and money!

The moment of the night happened thanks to Brian. Whenever you get a bunch of teachers in the same room, you get school stories. We were talking about an incident with a teacher who placed a video recorder in the staff bathroom. Brian, dead serious, said "Man, the place I work is conservative by comparison." Instant laughter sprang up from those of us in the know. Someone asked, "Where do you work." Appropriate pause to allow the laughter to build even stronger. And then..."I work for Penthouse."

Instant classic.

No comments: