Monday, August 16, 2010

Sleep(y) in Seattle

After meeting Professor X at the airport, I boarded my plane about an hour after it was supposed to take off and headed to Seattle. Flight was ok except I was sitting next to a large woman who took up about 1/3 of my seat as well as all of hers. Silly me I changed seats. Had I not, I would have been in an aisle next to a skinny girl and had lots more room. Oh well. I watched Star Trek all the way there and finished it up walking through the airport.

Met John at Sea-Tac and headed to the house. Sadly they had to have the big tree in their deck cut down because it was rotting from the inside out. But, it does make the whole thing sunnier.

We hung out and talked about lots of stuff, cooked some kabobs, and talked more.

Saturday morning rolled around and we hit the theater. First up was the Expendables. The movie was taking itself seriously until the uncredited appearances from two big name Hollywood types. From that point on, it became a(n)(unintentional?)laugh fest. At least I thought it was funny. I thought Jet Li was the hardest working of all the guys in the film. After all, he is the smallest.

I give the movie 3 out of 5 stars. I kinda like Jason Statham. I have seen a few of his films and he can do more than just beat people up. I really liked him in Lock, Stock, and 2 Smoking Barrels.

After the movie we got lunch at a restaurant called Tejas. I order the Diablo Pasta. The chicken was good, the sauce was ok, the pasta was overcooked. I give it a 2.5 out of 5. John was happy with the burrito he got, so lunch was not a disaster.

We then decided it was time to see Scott Pilgrim. Scott Pilgrim rocked. It was very funny. The actors were very good. It had a good beat and you could dance to it. I give it a 5 out of 5. Well worth the time and money.

Dinner was in the city at Benihana. Benihana dinner is always good, but it wasn't what I was necessarily in the mood for. Oh well, it was a good time as always.

Sunday morning was breakfast at Starbucks and then off to the comic book store. I was able to get out without spending any money. Woot!

John and I watched Murderer's Row. Nothing like watching Dean Martin drink and drive! I give it 3 out of 5. Funny stuff, especially Ann Margaret in the flower dress.

After that it was time to head out to the airport. 1st stop, Baskin Robbins. Ice cream is good. 2nd stop, Wizards of the Coast. John is currently working on D&D stuff and I got to look around his office. Very cool. He also gave me some cool freebies! John rocks!

Got to the airport with plenty of time to kill. Had a really bad cheeseburger (1 out of 5) for dinner and then set out to wait for my plane. Luckily it was on time and I was in the air by 7.

I sat in the back this time and it wasn't too bad. The young lady next to me was quiet and I watched Kick Ass (3.5 out of 5). The flight got really bumpy about an hour outside of Reno. It felt like being on Indiana Jones at 30,000 ft! Woot! Movie ended just in time to land. Yea!

Landing was actually smoother than I expected, and I was one of the first off the plane. The airport was deserted. Two ladies behind me commented on that and one said, "Well, it is kind of a cow town." Ouch!

Best part was getting in the car with my family. It is always good to be gone, but just as good to come home!

It was a fun trip! 4.5 out of 5 stars!

No comments: