Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Movin' on...sideways?!?!

Good news, bad news.

Good news. I got a new job today! Still working at the same school, but in a pseudo-administrative position. I am now the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) coordinator. It ties in to the grant the school got and is paid for by that.

Bad news. It is a lateral move. No increase in pay.

Good news. It looks like it could be a really cool job.

Bad news. No idea what the job is actually going to be like.

Good news. The principal doesn't have any idea what the job will look like either, so I kind of get to make it up.

Bad news. It is a one year only position that is tied to benchmarks for achievement. If we fail to meet the benchmarks, we don't get the grant, and I lose that job.

Good news. I still have a job for next year even if this job goes away.

Bad news. If I lose this job, it looks kind of bad on me.

Good news. It has the potential to look really good on my resume.

Good news. I get a corner office, with at least one window! Maybe two!

Bad news. I have to share it with two other people.

All in all, I think the good outweighs the bad. It is an exciting opportunity for sure! As Mary (the principal) said, "It will be an adventure!"

Looking forward to the journey, I must say!

Carry on!

No comments: