Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Shaving Cream, Shaving Cream...

So, as the years have been unkind to my hairline I have decided it is time to begin shaving my head.

Cue-ball style.

Smooth as a baby's butt.

Kojack.

You get the picture.

I have shaved my head before, but never on a regular basis. So, geek that I am, I did a little research on the best blades for shaving the head. I came across this website, Headblade. It looked pretty cool and everything seemed to say what a good job it does, so I ordered the cheapest kit I could get.

A few days later it arrives. Malia is not too thrilled with the idea, but she loves me and respects my wishes, so I set off to begin the shaving.

I got in there and used the exfoliating scrub first. Kind of an odd feeling, but ok. I than lathered up the shaving cream. WAY too much of it. Apparently you don't need as much as regular shaving cream. I then proceeded to shave.

Nothing happened.

I turned it the other way and tried again.

Still nothing.

It took awhile to figure out that the blade that came installed on the razor was backwards. Once I conquered that aspect, I began to see some progress.

Now, as I said before, I have shaved my head on several occasions and I have never had a problem. However...this time I cut my head at least 3 times, including one so bad I was tasting and smelling blood. Not a good start I must say.

After I cleaned myself up and started to feel less dizzy, I checked it out in a mirror. Not a bad job, just need to be careful of the cuts.

Since then I have used it one more time and only cut myself 2 times. Small ones this time. (Malia thinks its a sign, I think it is just me being clumsy.)

All in all, I like the Headblade products. The exfoliating product called Headshed works really well. The shaving cream, Headslick, has a nice smell to it and works fairly well. I have only used one of the lotions, Headlube, that comes with it and that is the Matte finish. They have a glossy as well that I may try tomorrow.

No comments: