Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Poopie!

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

Didn't get the dean job at Mendive. I was 1st runner-up again. Dang. Apparently the committee ranked me 2nd across the board, even ahead of someone who had been an assistant principal.

I just didn't have the one crucial experience the committee based their need on; someone who knew the school already. Remember my earlier post about feeling of dread number 3? Well, that's who got the job.

Being #2 is better than #3, but it doesn't make the disappointment feel any better.

So...dust myself off...pick up the pieces, and begin to plan for the next interview on Monday out at Cold Springs. Depending upon who and how many people are on the committee, it could be interesting. Scott really spoke highly of me to the principal there, and I've known the former Dean for many years.

No comments: