Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Monday, Monday...

...was a day for catching up on chores.

Mowed and fertilized the lawn. Probably too hot to fertilize, but it needed it. Hopefully it helps and doesn't hurt.

Got most of the laundry done from the 2 weeks away from home. One load left as of this morning.

Kitchen is mostly clean. Mostly. :-/

The boys have been a great help. Marc vacuumed and Noah cleaned the dog pen. That was a Herculean task since it hadn't been done it 2 weeks! He also emptied both litter boxes and I helped him make dinner last night.

We took a break in the middle of the day and did our first "project" for Geek Camp. Since the stuff I ordered to make with the boys has not yet come in, we played a game of Settlers of Catan. Since it was a new game for all of us it took awhile to work out, but once we did, we were on our way. I almost beat Marc, but he found a great strategy and was able to maximize it to his best! Stinker!

I may try to teach them how to play an old Pencil and Paper RPG that I used to play a lot: DC Heroes. I haven't looked at it in years, but there are some fun modules I could run them through. Maybe...

I talked to Big Brother #1. Sadly, it doesn't seem like I have much to do with my family anymore, but it is nice to be able to call up and ask for help when I need them. BB#1 has a big job at 2 of the local car dealerships, and I needed him to grease the wheels in getting a part for the Pilot. I was told I needed to bring the car in so they could look at it before ordering the part, even though they had looked at it twice already and said next time just call and we will order it. Within the hour he called me back and told me it was done and they should have it today. We shall see!

Gotta call mom to see if she can watch the boys for a few hours while I do a training for school. Looks like all the dean jobs are gone, so I am not going anywhere.

More later!

2 comments:

John said...

Hopefully Noah cleaned his hands between cleaning and making dinner. Eww.

Chad said...

Yes...Yes he did.